Karma... it is a three way street correct?

irishfield

Thanks EVERYONE! Still in ICU as of 2am due to some blood pressure issues and is currently finishing up another transfusion. We're working on 3 hours sleep and have been up since 5am...so bear with me for mistakes or lack of info.

14.5 hours of surgery... 3 ortho surgeons, 2 anesthesiologists, 11 other staff of Nurses and Doctors in the room from 8am on. Wouldn't want that bill ! She's awake and alert... smiling and laughing but, that could be the morphine epideral! :D

Surgeon confident he removed all traces of tumor to clear margins. Appears to have saved her nerve line that runs her foot and also her knee. She can wiggle/curl her toes and bend her knee ! :good:

Thanks for all the positive thoughts, PM's and texts today and a big thanks to those that took time out of their day to drop into the hospital for hugs!

You just made my day Wayne!

And yes, the morphine will do that. whistling.gif

Great news Wayne! I know there was some concern regarding the nerve and use of her leg... this news couldn't be better... so now it seems as though it's soon gonna be time for EVERYONE of you to get some down time and healing time... I hope that is comes quickly and easily to all of you... positive thoughts heading up University Ave for you guys!

HH

Thanks folks! She's surprised them all so far, they expected a couple nites in ICU almost totally sedated, but was put into a normal floor room at 3 am. She's been talking since she came out of surgery and is fully coherant and chipper!

Thanks folks! She's surprised them all so far, they expected a couple nites in ICU almost totally sedated, but was put into a normal floor room at 3 am. She's been talking since she came out of surgery and is fully coherant and chipper!

Good news!!! :thumbsup_anim:

Does not surprise me one bit Wayne!!!

Way to go Jenn, you go girl!!! :clapping::clapping:

Chief Surgeon (and the 8 people following him around) just left. Absolutely amazed at "how well he did" on this one. He's never had a patient at this stage of recovery by the next afternoon. No problems flexing her toes or moving her knee. They're not usually that mobile with an epideral still in. Only thing Jen is complaining about pain wise is the monitor pads glue, or gell, burnt her chest.

Great news Wayneclapping.gif i KNEW she`d pull through this. She`s one tough cookiethumbsup_anim.gif

Remember this Wayne....

` Like I said she’s got a very positive attitude and will beat this monster! I lost my father to Cancer, oddly when I myself was 25 years old…. we WILL NOT lose our daughter.`

How the time passes quickly....

Edited by mercman