Karma... it is a three way street correct?

irishfield

Chief Surgeon (and the 8 people following him around) just left. Absolutely amazed at "how well he did" on this one. He's never had a patient at this stage of recovery by the next afternoon. No problems flexing her toes or moving her knee. They're not usually that mobile with an epideral still in. Only thing Jen is complaining about pain wise is the monitor pads glue, or gell, burnt her chest.

:worthy::clapping::thumbsup_anim::):D

great to hear irish. i doubt any of us went to sleep last night without thinking of your family.

Yep and woke up thinking aswell and all day.

Jens a trooper and lets not forget the rest of her family.Wayne and Leah Im sure along with jens sibblings have gone through hell and back aswell.

(((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))) FOR THEM ALL. :thumbsup_anim:

Ya Wayne,Im hugging you again.LOL

Edited by Misfish

Yep and woke up thinking aswell and all day.

Jens a trooper and lets not forget the rest of her family.Wayne and Leah Im sure along with jens sibblings have gone through hell and back aswell.

(((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))) FOR THEM ALL. :thumbsup_anim:

Ya Wayne,Im hugging you again.LOL

Get a room you tooze!!! :P

Thanks again guys!

I wish I had the capability to post a picture from my camera while away from home. You wouldn't believe the smiles/laughs and spirit she had at 7 am on Wednesday while waiting for the Anethesiologist to come and get her. The will to live is an amazing thing. They gave her a hair net as part of her garb... she came out after changing and slapped it on her boyfriend's head.... as she has no hair! (well she actually has what we're calling 5 o'clock shadow now)

Thanks folks. Got her to eat the first solid food today after 3.5 days without. One chicken finger, but it's a start. Not sure the fear is eating...it's what the by product is and the fact she is bed ridden flat on her back and can't move with an epideral still in her spine.. :whistling:

I've had to play catch up here Wayne. Sorry for that, but not sorry at all to hear surgery went well and Jen is recovering.

You and your family are wicked awesome bud. Jen and you all certainly a testament to hope and strength. Glads I knows yas.

Let that be the end of sufferring and the page turned. Wish you all a great summer from here on out. So deserving of that, and some peace.

The page has definitely turned, but I think (after 7+ months) the hard part is about to begin Drew. Possibly 6 weeks of bed rest, possibly 3 months of wheel chair and then walker/crutches and trying to put weight on the now unattached (mechanically) leg. Hopefully it all goes quicker, but it's gonna be a long haul for all of us and especially Jennifer. No more in for a week and then home for two. Just stuck in there all together, as are we.

She's still got a positive attitude and I hope she can hang on to it throughout the process.

Edited by irishfield