Karma... it is a three way street correct?

irishfield

Thanks guys!

Another good day... 2 bags of blood, 3 varieties of chemo and she still wanted to get unhooked and go out for supper. Walked all the way to Young/Gould (and back), in the 40C humidex, and even had to slow down so Leah could keep up!! :good: 4 days to go.. done by 4pm on Saturday.

Thanks guys!

Another good day... 2 bags of blood, 3 varieties of chemo and she still wanted to get unhooked and go out for supper. Walked all the way to Young/Gould (and back), in the 40C humidex, and even had to slow down so Leah could keep up!! :good: 4 days to go.. done by 4pm on Saturday.

nice!

I would give her her a kiss to tell her how strong I think she is (and to keep at it) BUT I know it won't go over well on many levels. :rolleyes:

*edit* added info

Edited by GBW

Two more sleeps 'till "graduation" day ! All 10 chemo's (5 x 2 day treatments and 5 x 6 day treatments) will be done, on schedule come Saturday am !! :good: Can't wait to see the last MRI on Monday to see what, if any, soft tisue tumour remains from the outgrowth of this bone cancer. Should be totally gone based on previous progression.

Two more sleeps 'till "graduation" day ! All 10 chemo's (5 x 2 day treatments and 5 x 6 day treatments) will be done, on schedule come Saturday am !! :good: Can't wait to see the last MRI on Monday to see what, if any, soft tisue tumour remains from the outgrowth of this bone cancer. Should be totally gone based on previous progression.

best news of the day after a crappy day and a reminder to all of us lucky to have our health that........

I'll leave it up to those of us that sometimes feel sorry for ourselves to fill in those blanks! Go Jen!

Kick ass!

Edited by ctdd2006

Well as many know.. chemo #10 is in the books as of Saturday and was hopefully the last ever. This Monday Jen had an MRI at 6:30 am.. waited to see the surgeon at 9:30 (ended up being 10:30) with, disappointingly, no date given for surgery. Then a pre-op appointment at 11 to see if she's fit for surgery, which in her current condition with 78/55 blood pressure is not. Hopefully a couple weeks of fluids and good meals will have her up closer to 95/60 or so and surgery is ball parked between last week of June and first week of July at this point. The great news is the massive soft tissue tumor has been shrunk pretty much right back to the bone from where it came. The bad news is the entire right pelvic bone and a good portion of her sacrum still have to come out, as chemo doesn't kill bone tumors. Nothing gets replaced, expected of scar tissue and existing muscles to hold her leg on and make it work. Gonna be a LONG haul after surgery.

Gonna share a few pictures here to show just how much spunk some of these "kids" have in the Sarcoma unit. We see many that never get out of bed, never smile and recovery/prognosis seems to go hand in hand with that unfortunately. Now these two should live for ever. Ewing's sarcoma is one of the rarest forms of cancer. Only 40 cases a year diagnosed, so what's the chances of these two having not only Ewing's in common.. but the same right pelvic bone??! :o Jen knew it was "B's" birthday on Monday (poor bugger turning 18 while sitting in the sarcoma unit :wallbash: ), so Sunday night we had to hit the dollar store for some presents. Jen got him a big bag of toys for $10 + tax and they proceeded to ring them all out on Monday, shortly after they had their chemo drips hooked up.

jenchemo1.jpg

jenchemo2.jpg

Friday we thought we should get Jen a graduation present... like they say, it's the thought that counts! lol

jenchemo3.jpg

Our younger daughter Kristal finally got to throw "spa night" for Jen on Friday night. I'm sure it broke a million hospital rules, but ask us if we care! :sarcasm:

jenchemo4.jpg

jenchemo5.jpg

Wayne....You are a one of the strongest men i know. Sharing this journey with all of us so openly, shows real courage and downright heroism. I salute you for this, and i cheer for Jen as she takes one more step towards winning the battle against this dastardly illness. Not a day goes by in my life, that i dont think of you and your familly. Knowing your fight, has changed something inside of me. I am forever grateful for that.

Paul

There's no strength involved in posting here Paul.. no heroism. It's just a big shoulder for me to share it with fine folks here. I'd lose it otherwise and would have already booked into the Penthouse suite around the corner at the "Penetang Hilton".

Fantastic spirit !! It's great to see her smiling and enjoying life no matter what it hands her.

We take our health so much for granted, almost makes me feel ashamed when i complain about my minor aches and pains.

Wayne, with two young girls, I think about what you are going through and it brings a tear to my eye every single time. You've been a rock for your little girl and that is what a dad is supposed to be for his kids. My hat goes off to you. How you've kept it together for this long, I don't know but keep it up.