Karma... it is a three way street correct?

irishfield

Well I can announce that at 10:30 this morning she went for a stroll around her room using a walker, leaving many medical staff standing there with their mouths hanging open considering it's this early in the game. Not dizzy, not in any pain, just happy as hell to be up off the bed. Sat in a chair for a few hours and then went back to the bed about an hour ago. It will be a few months before she's allowed to put any weight on her right leg, but she's off to a blazing start!

Yes I got video of her first steps! Gonna take a day or so before I can figure out how to get one of those up so you can break out a tissue! :D

Edited by irishfield

Well I can announce that at 10:30 this morning she went for a stroll around her room using a walker, leaving many medical staff standing there with their mouths hanging open considering it's this early in the game. Not dizzy, not in any pain, just happy as hell to be up off the bed. Sat in a chair for a few hours and then went back to the bed about an hour ago. It will be a few months before she's allowed to put any weight on her right leg, but she's off to a blazing start!

Yes I got video of her first steps! Gonna take a day or so before I can figure out how to get one of those up so you can break out a tissue! :D

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay

My, oh my, what a wonderful day. thumbsup_anim.gif

I think it was more of a statement that he thought she needed to hear, but the surgeon did state he removed bone to "clear margins" after surgery and I suspect they were sending samples to the lab during the procedure to be sure of that. Jen was going to ask him when he came around this morning as he usually does before 9. We're a little behind this morning and haven't left for the hospital yet. The last few days have taken their toll on Leah, may have to leave her at the hospital for the rest of the week and let her sleep in Jen's room. Already have a folding bed/cot ready in Jen's room if need be.