Fishing Lodge

My 2 fishing buddies and I are looking for a Lodge for a week in September that has good walleye fishing within an 8hr drive from the GTA. The Lodge should have reasonably priced housekeeping cabins or cottages that have a BBQ on the deck. Any recommendations you could give us would be appreciated. Thanks

1 hour ago, CrowMan said:

Brennan Harbour or Vance's...both near the mouth of the Spanish River on the North Channel of Lake Huron.

Or

Kipawa Lodge or Alawaki Lodge on Lake Kipawa, Quebec. 

Thanks will check them out.

For Walleye, anything on Lake Nipissing.. but its pretty busy.. The fishing has been pretty good lately.  If you want a bunch of brochures and reply just fill out our form at: www.getnorth.ca   

• Like 1

Great  walleye fishing at a place called Erieau  just outside Chatham on Lake Erie. There are cabins to rent and the fishing is incredible.  Can catch some real hogs. Also can catch rainbow salmon and perch.  People at fish cleaning station are friendly and will let you know where they are biting.  It is a small place but it has a couple of restaurants and a beer and liquor store.  Only about 3 hours  from GTA. Nice thing too is your limit is 6 a day for walleye  with no size restrictions. 

5 hours ago, Britton Grant said:

Great  walleye fishing at a place called Erieau  just outside Chatham on Lake Erie. There are cabins to rent and the fishing is incredible.  Can catch some real hogs. Also can catch rainbow salmon and perch.  People at fish cleaning station are friendly and will let you know where they are biting.  It is a small place but it has a couple of restaurants and a beer and liquor store.  Only about 3 hours  from GTA. Nice thing too is your limit is 6 a day for walleye  with no size restrictions. 

Thanks for the info.

10 Mile Lodge  on Lac Dumoine 

I have NO affiliation other than I've fished there for 35 years. Back when it was flying only. Now you need a,truck or at least an SUV. I go in in a Toyota RAV4 twice a year.

4 days 3 nights well catch 300 walleye. Throw most back. The odd time fishing will be tough because a thunderstorm rolls through and we'll only catch galf that 

20230825_192524.jpg

20230627_204210.jpg

20200813_200742.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Iggy said:

10 Mile Lodge  on Lac Dumoine 

I have NO affiliation other than I've fished there for 35 years. Back when it was flying only. Now you need a,truck or at least an SUV. I go in in a Toyota RAV4 twice a year.

4 days 3 nights well catch 300 walleye. Throw most back. The odd time fishing will be tough because a thunderstorm rolls through and we'll only catch galf that 

20230825_192524.jpg

20230627_204210.jpg

20200813_200742.jpg

6 hours ago, DaddyMac said:

https://www.wajashkcottages.com

We stayed here a few years back in June and had a great time.  Dokis First Nation on the French River.  We had great walleye fishing and a couple big muskie for some extra fun.  Not sure about boats as we had our own.  Cabins were simple but comfortable and not expensive.

Thanks, this place looks interesting.

9 hours ago, DaddyMac said:

https://www.wajashkcottages.com

We stayed here a few years back in June and had a great time.  Dokis First Nation on the French River.  We had great walleye fishing and a couple big muskie for some extra fun.  Not sure about boats as we had our own.  Cabins were simple but comfortable and not expensive.

I have stayed at Wajashk several times over the last 20 years.... great spot on the French. 

On 3/7/2024 at 7:07 AM, DaddyMac said:

If you do go there I'd be happy to share locations/techniques that worked for us.  

Thanks, I will definitely contact you if we go there in September. 

We went to Chapleau lodge last year and I was quite pleased. The boats and motors were in excellent condition,  the cottage was a bit rustic but clean and comfortable. There's a beautiful pool and the owners were wonderful. We were there in the middle of June with temperatures in the 30s no wind and bright sun. Fishing was quite good, walleye early morning and evening, bass all day and we even went to a small lake for some specks and had a blast.

I am doing a different trip this year but wouldn't hesitate to go back to Chapleau Lodge again!

On 3/4/2024 at 8:39 AM, 16 Footer said:

My 2 fishing buddies and I are looking for a Lodge for a week in September that has good walleye fishing within an 8hr drive from the GTA. The Lodge should have reasonably priced housekeeping cabins or cottages that have a BBQ on the deck. Any recommendations you could give us would be appreciated. Thanks

Lake Kipawa - 4hrs to GTA - lots of camps , houseboat rentals, Fishing Charters.

walleye of all colours 😁

IMG_0444.jpeg

IMG_5257.jpeg

IMG_5072.jpeg

IMG_4964.jpeg

IMG_2865.jpeg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, north560 said:

Check out Gow-Bush-Kon Lodge . Main lake fishing for walleye,pike, small mouth bass,lake trout and perch. House keeping cottages with BBQ . Reasonable rates 

Camp Pic`s 004.JPG

032.JPG

Thanks for the Lodge info. Will consider it for next year's fishing trip.

• 1 month later...

Hey Iggy,  I've been looking at Lac Dumoine for awhile and may go this year.  Do you stay at 10 Mile Lodge?  It's not on Lac Dumoine, correct?  Have you stayed Dumoine Lake cottages?  Which do you recommend?  Do you fish 10 Mile Lake for Lake Trout?  Any information is very appreciated.  Thanks

Ok, this may be long but. ..

I've stayed at the main lodge, very comfy, full electrical including A/C and hot tub. If you like to fish Lake Trout (I don't) it's perfect. If you like Walleye and the odd Snake (Pike) Dumoine is where you want to be.

The camps on Dumoine are very "rustic". Foam mattress beds, running water from a pumped up reservoir (disgusting).  Outhouse,  screened in porch. For me very comfortable.  My favorite camps in order, Cedar Point, Moose Creek ( not always available) Park Line and Marion Bay (I won't go if that's all there is)

Cedar Point is right in the middle of all the hot spots.

Outpost camps have big coolers no fridge but they bring ice up whenever needed and they work fine, propane stove and bbq.

16' boats and I bring my own motor but he rents motors.

The reason I like the outpost's is you walk out and your fishing, the main camps you've got a slow 9km drive to the boat and half an hour to get to the hot spots. Inclement weather makes it worse.

All to say, I've been going for nearly 35 years, never came home without my limit and a few good feeds up there. Everyone I've brought, including my 7 year old son

(now 32) caught fish and most say it's the best walleye fishing ever. I wrote a story in Fish Hunt and Ride about it and I stand by it. It's my go too.

If you decide, let me know and I'll give up some hot spots.