Karma... it is a three way street correct?

irishfield

Your daughter will pull through this! It sounds pretty tough but she has a chain of strength and support to pull her through.

Have had to go to walkers and forearm canes myself due to MS. Think of you and your daughters plight to create a positive vision.

Surely your strength of character is carried within her. :clapping:

Thanks Rob.. Erik! I've gotta say we've got a great community here. There are another select few here that I've got to thank for sending me Pm's and sharing their own personal battles with me. A few here fighting their own cancer battles that should be proud considering the dignity and courage that they've shown to me! Thanks from the bottom of my heart for all involved.

I'm sorry to hear about your last few weeks, I hope it's all up hill from here and they say having a positive attitude is one of the best things. It's kept me here, and I'm sure it will do the same for your daughter. It's great to hear that she has such great Doctors to, It really can make a difference. I give my best to your family through these hard times, and I will pray for your daughter.

Chris

Wayne to you and your family - like many others the sheer weight of your current situation takes away my ability to put into words anything thats sounds adequate. Know that Jennifer and indeed your whole family are in my prayers, and the strength and determination you guys show is an exmaple for everyone. If ever there was someone who can beat this be sheer willpower, it is the fighting O'Sheas.

Keep a positive attitude and all will work out. Go to a video rental store and rent a documentary called "The Secret". It is a documentary about how positive thinking, good spirit and being happy will help you succeed/maintain good health. One particular part of the documentay shows a middle aged woman who was diagnosed with breast cancer and she refused to have chemo or any type of treatment. Instead, she kept a positive attitude and watched comedies/shows and movies that made her laugh. When she returned to the doctors, they were shocked as the cancer had cleared from her body on its own. Give it a shot, you wont be disappointed!

Wayne,

I haven't been around for awhile and this is the first thread that I'm catching up on. An emotional start to say the least. As many have said, it is so hard to find the right words at this time. Just know that your daughter and your family are in my daily prayers.

Hang in Wayne, there's a huge family here for support.

Brother, I'm not religious by any means - but there's is no question as to the power of positivity - and yours is outstanding. I'm sending good vibes and adding to the positivity pile - here's to seein' through to brighter days!

You and your family, from what I gather, are shining examples of the human spirit - on par with this fellow...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciYk-UwqFKA

Yeah, it's a tad cheesey at the end - buy hey, he's workin' it.

You guys keep workin' it! (and I hope your daughter has a blast at her weddings!)

Never saw it bud... so don't now what you typed.

Chemo #6 done.. she's back in her apartment and Leah is hangin there for the week in case she gets a fever again, as Jen wants to go to Sinai this time instead of Redneck emerg here if it happens.

I just got home an hour or so ago, so I can start on three companies tax returns that are due by months end.

When you look at the time line for this, it has gone quite quickly IMHO. You disclosed the sad news 5 months ago, and now they are at the surgery determination already. All in all I would give kudos to our health care system, except for the ridiculous pill cost.

As for the tax returns, isn't that what accountants are for?

Edited by HTHM

Glad it's gone quickly for you Albert! :D .. and that anti-infection needle went up by 5% in January :wallbash:

As for accountants.. I don't need one of them to tell me what I already know and to add to the year end loss ! When I had the lawyer take care of my sister's final tax returns the CA charged us $530 to do a simple tax return with 5 slips (that I could have done manually in about 40 minutes)... and they did it wrong to boot with CRA sending us a credit.

I've done my own two and Leah's business returns for 20+ years and only been audited once because they were toooo stupid to figure out why my GST wasn't 7% of total sales.

Yep.. the name on the wrist band still matches the label on the bag... gitter done! :D

I wish I had a cool wristband like that at Sunnybrook :(

Great to hear #6 is done Wayne. I still have a few packs of ondansetron if Jen needs it :)

Thanks for the updates

Mike

Hi Wayne

Words are just that, words....but they can be so powerful, so life changing. I don't have any of those for you...I've been struggling to find some for myself and those that I love that recently are fighting their own battles....but none are fighting what your family is and it makes me feel small...small because I have raised my fist and crawled away not wanting and not having the will to see it through. I will see it through though, but I'm so tired....you must be exhausted. Your daughter's upcoming surgery is like none that I have heard of before. The will to live is quite something isn't it.

Lord....please have mercy.....please.

Wayne, I tell ya - you're spirit is an inspiration.

You're truly doing the best things in the best way that anyone could.

I admire your focus - and take solace in the fact that in a situation where you might feel powerless, you're doing everything that makes you a powerful force for everyone around - from keeping that positivity, to taking care of your day-to-day (taxes!?!! I can't do my taxes at the best of times!).

You da man, brother.

Stay up!

L

• 1 month later...

So here we are 1.5 months later.. 2 more chemos down and hopefully only 2 more to go. Doctor threw a curve for us on Wednesday morning.. .was supposed to be a full week treatment right thru the Easter Weekend. Instead he changed it to just an overnight treatment so the last two will be full week ones instead of alternating.

Jen's younger sister had a surprise spa night all planned for 8 or 9 gals on Thursday night.. so we picked her up in Cambridge Tuesday am after working our way past a closed 401 at Mavis Rd. Worked our way back from Cambridge via the 407 to get both girls to a "feel good - look good" seminar at Mount Sinai for 2pm on Tuesday. I got them there at 2:02. We had visits from family planned and spread out for the entire week, including a relay delivery of my 83 year old step father from Smiths Falls for Sunday as a surprise. Easter dinner for ourselves all planned for NEXT weekend. All out the window thanks to the Oncologist throwing the change up (and probably the hospital telling him they didn't want any OT for sarcoma nurses on the weekend). Advance notice would have been just swell ! :wallbash:

We had some great comic relief though to help put all that behind us. My older brother, that has made it to every chemo start day thus far (while recovering from his own quint heart bypass), is now greatly upset that he won't be able to see Jen to the end and attend #10. He has his aviation medical back and he's accepted a Captains position in Kazakhstan (A330 airbus), starting May 16th. Here he is explaining to our daughter Kristal where exactly Kazakhstan is on the world map.... (11 time zones around the world)

murraykristalap202011.jpg

I think I mentioned it before... he's been challenging Jen to get to 100 lbs before Easter. She's currently 44.5 kg ~ 98lbs... but I gave her two 0.5 kg weights to put in her pockets when she stepped on the sarcoma unit scale for him! :clapping: Above and beyond.. he got her a plaque. "One Hundred Pounds by Easter Challenge"

murrayjenniferap202011.jpg

I scrambled Geoff's plans as well. Thankfully he'd brought the eReader to work with him on Wednesday. Snuck over quickly during his lunch hour to present it to Jennifer. THANKS to all involved.

jengeoffap202011.jpg

Next chemo scheduled for May 9th. Full week. Good chance she'll fail her blood test and get bumped a week later, but we hope not or it will screw up some bridal shower plans. She just squeaked by on this weeks blood test, so there's a good chance she'll be too low on white cells on the 9th. Only time will tell, but hopefully things will stay on track for a tentative late June surgery date.

Thanks for listening to my rambling..

Edited by irishfield