Karma... it is a three way street correct?

irishfield

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all the thoughts folks... she passed her blood test with flying colours yesterday and is well into day 2 of 6 of chemo #9. Home Saturday.

Chemo #10 (full week) and hopefully the final chemo she'll ever see is scheduled to start May 30th. MRI booked for same day to get the surgeon the final picture and a pre-op appointment is booked for the following Monday so we know things are on track. I suspect that day we'll learn what day surgery is.

Edited by irishfield

Thanks Will !!

Also need to thank Vinnimon's daughters for a gift that Vince left for me on Lloyd's boat on Sunday and Snowballs' wife, from Thunder Bay, mailing Jennifer a nice afghan that she knitted. :clapping:

Edited by irishfield

Thanks Paul... we were surprised tonight, she asked to be unhooked from her Portacath line from 5:30 to 8:00 (something she hasn't had them do since the first full week chemo) and walked all the way to Jack Astors for supper at the corner of Young and Dundas.. and back! I figured she'd be riding on my shoulders back to the hospital, but she'll be sleeping well tonight!

Edited by irishfield

It is Jon.. she hasn't showed that energy during the full week chemo's since they started. About lunch time she got it in her mind to get unhooked and go out for supper.. so we didn't hesitate. She hates being unhooked due to the immediate taste associated with having her portacath line flushed at unhook and again at rehook. She can be unhooked in the early morning and again at supper time, but she hasn't had it done more than three times out of a possible 40 times so far.

• 3 weeks later...

Chemo #10 ( should be the final one!) underway after a hair pulling morning. Someone dropped the ball and didn't book her MRI for 8am this morning to get the final picture before surgery. Blood work a "barely passed" with low hemoglobin but going ahead with chemo, while at the same time getting a blood transfusion each morning to get her red count up. Sent for an X-ray... first come.. first served and that delayed getting her chemo going by almost 3 hours, but she's still up beat and day one's chemo is in the books and a night of Mesna IV started. 4 more days of chemo and she can kick the "habit" for ever!! Or that better be how it goes...

One of the very few patients Dr. Blackstein has ever had that managed to never fail a blood test and do all 10 treatments on schedule!!! :good:

MRI now booked for next Monday am at 7am.. Surgeon consult at 9:30 and then pre-op testing later that day. Surgery date to follow.. suspecting week of the 20th, but we should know in 6 days for sure!

Edited by irishfield

Hope things work out well Wayne, surely she is getting the best treatment available, despite little oversight here and there. Like said before your daughter is lucky to have great parents by her side all the way. :thumbsup_anim:

She comes from a hardy gene pool Wayne, and she is gonna pass through this with flying colors.

I admire you for your strength and commitment to fighting this step by step with Jen, and for sharing the fight with us.After following these updates since last year, little problems dont get to me any more, and i find myself more drateful for the goodness in my life.

Thank you, and keep being strong.There will be time to relax later on.

Thanks Guys... and Paul it really does make you sit back and wonder why we complain about stupid little things that we have no control over like the weather, price of gas or the bite on any certain day!

Albert.. thanks! Not sure what all is in store for this week or the spare time we'll have. We usually only get out/away from the hospital for one lunch during a week treatment and that one day is already tied up in picking up a wheel chair and walker. Our youngest daughter is also coming in on the bus, either Wed or Thurs, so until we get her game plan everything is up in the air.

Once surgery is upon us... we'll be in the city for at minimum a month and a half (could be 5 months), suspect there'll be lots of lunch opportunities with that!

:unsure:

I admire you for your strength and commitment to fighting this step by step with Jen, and for sharing the fight with us.

Thank you, and keep being strong.There will be time to relax later on.

I quote Paul as he hit the nail on the head, so to say. ALL of you are being so strong it makes me feel like I could have done more in life and failed to do so. But Wayne, I'm (trying to find the right word(s) here) I'm very happy to have met you all and been even 0.1% of the solution to help, cheers!

As for lunch, I hope to have everything here Wednesday by noon for Jen so I'm not booking anything for Thursday so we can hook up.

I think I just came up with a new sig. in this reply too. :unsure:

"It's a long road, take small steps and try and walk a straight line to your goal" GBW