How crazy is the weather this winter ?

CrowMan

On a Bobcaygeon page last week someone posted pictures of a snapping turtle in what looked like some open water beside some current. I don't know if it was legit or not. Also last week me and a buddy fished chemong. A skating rink locals make on the lake every year there had a bunch of people playing hockey. It was 10 celsius that day and when  we got closer to them we realized they where playing shirts and skins because one team had all the boys playing bare chested. Never seen that on an outdoor rink before in the middle of the winter.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, LostAnotherOne said:

100 years from now people will be saying "People actually used to go out on the ice and fish"

All it will take is one big volcano eruption and the world will cool right down.

• Like 1

I'm at Burleigh Falls and we've basically only had one real snowfall this winter. About a month back we had 8-9 inches followed by another 3 the next day and other than a few light snowfalls that's been it. Looks like we may get some more on Thursday but who knows. As for temperatures we've had exactly ONE night where it went below zero Fahrenheit and that's really unusual. My snow blower has been sitting in the shed collecting dust most of the time.

• Like 1

We just got in the door from Halifax took almost 6.5 hrs to get back most of the time a 40 km lucky to see over the hood of the car most of it

insane

when I posted eailer nothing in Halifax about 10km outside and it started and hasn’t stopped

i haven’t seen anything like this since the 70s in the Gta blowing like a banshee

IMG_2214.jpeg

IMG_2215.jpeg

Edited by BITEME
Spelling

On 2/12/2024 at 10:13 AM, BillM said:

I'm not complaining, however water levels are going to take a beating due to the lack of snow pack.   Spring spawning spots are going to be high and dry no doubt in Gbay.

I plan to go ice fishing Monday around Hanover. just looked at the forecast and they are supposed to get a foot of snow or more between now and then so all is  not lost. Still time for a few good dumpings.

Well I’m excited to be a part of a solution to the shift I work in the section of Seaplants for food and we have a branch in the company that just launched a new website that deals with plant health on a commercial level very very cool

proud to be a part of this homegrown Nova Scotia company and the future ahead

Acadianplanthealth.com 

https://www.acadianseaplants.com

• Like 2

Maple syrup season is pretty much done in the south of the province and I haven't ice fished in years now.. the buds on the fruit trees could be vulnerable to frost damage if they open prematurely and we get a cold snap.. 

1 hour ago, CrowMan said:

Jeez...and by himself. That's one kind of crazy.

Yep.  There were 2 guys out there the day before.  They were sitting on blown-together pack ice that moved up and down when you walked on it.🙄