Is touching boats too close?

Was out wed for what may have been my last outing for the year :( only 2 boats in eye sight on the whole lake....until these clowns roll up.

It was ok til they seen me land a 4lbs smallie then it was game on.... I have never seen anything like it, the reason i stay off the river banks is to get my own space on the lake. These guys rushed over by the time i had the fish into the livewell and made my next cast i almost hit their boat. Then they proceed to position right off my bow.

Now i got the spot lock on so the boat does move a few feet and apparently that was all they needed to try and push me off the spot! next thing i know they are crashing into the front of my boat and the guy in back is looking at me like its my fault!. I snap and yelled "the whole F'n lake and you have to run into me? Really?"

As far as i know they never apologized unless it was in their own language because i never heard a word of ingresh out of them.

Here is a pic from my phone...wish I had have had the action cam rolling, I'm still kicking my own but for that lol

IMG-20151111-00511.jpg

I would have lost it. I had that happen once on rixe lake, and I thought my old man was going to kill them. If I wasnt running the boat, he would have ran right thru their boat lol.

You dont get more ignorant than that.

Total bull.

Makes me mad just looking at the pic!!!!

S.

I would have lost it. I had that happen once on rixe lake, and I thought my old man was going to kill them. If I wasnt running the boat, he would have ran right thru their boat lol.

You dont get more ignorant than that.

Total bull.

Makes me mad just looking at the pic!!!!

S.

BACK IN THE DAY, THEY WOULD BE SWIMMING. Thats just total ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Man i hate that, just reading it makes my blood boil. I also cant sit for too long after someone annexs my spot but i make sure to rev the piss outta the motor and drive around nice and close before i leave.

The only thing worse than a non-fishing boat ruining your current spot its a fishing boat because they should at least know better, at least they will by the time i leave.

Sorry about your luck bud.

Edited by Gallie

This thread is soon toast but,

Kawartha dam fishing a couple weeks ago, this guy was letting his float drift 30' to his right and right beside my vertical line, and I was there 1st. My blood was boiling, I exploded and yelled "if we get tangled I'm gonna be really pissed off!". Red faced, I look over the other side and see my Dad giggling.

time for some big egg sinkers, toss em across their bow.

had a guy this spring on the river let his line drift 100ft down to where i was fishing, after the 3rd time i waited, and then cast directly over his line, was going to reel it in and cut it off. i've never seen a float come in so quick lol

A "Dick Supreme" move for sure. Last spring while trolling the mouth of the Napanee river a boat crossed our path forcing us to stop. Thats all the motivation i needed to cast my bottom bouncer rigged harness right across a couple of lines. I apologized and let him know id untangle it so he lets his line out and instead of untangleing it i just snipped the lure off and sent the limp line back. That Live Target Smelt looked brand new. Would have rather caught his prop and left a few yards of braid on it but the lure will have to suffice.