Is touching boats too close?

same thing happened to me in late May.. I was in a canoe near shore and 2 guys moved right in on me from shore.. sometimes hitting the canoe. I refused to move off the spot and ended up with 21 crappie. I haven't been out fishing since..

I am working on not letting things like this p me off. It's a work in progress.

Those guys are not worth it. It's easy for me to say but try to ignore these types and enjoy your day on the water. We are so lucky in Canada to have the money and resources to do this.

On the flip side, there is an American musky guide on St Clair that gets pissed and starts shooting his mouth off to his clients if anyone fishes within 100 yards of him on known Muskie casting spots. He trash talked me after I pulled in UPWIND of him by 100 yards on a drift along a Drop off. My friend, begged me to drive over there so he could jump in their boat. Lol. He would have done it too but I refused.

I am working on not letting things like this p me off. It's a work in progress.

Those guys are not worth it. It's easy for me to say but try to ignore these types and enjoy your day on the water. We are so lucky in Canada to have the money and resources to do this.

On the flip side, there is an American musky guide on St Clair that gets pissed and starts shooting his mouth off to his clients if anyone fishes within 100 yards of him on known Muskie casting spots. He trash talked me after I pulled in UPWIND of him by 100 yards on a drift along a Drop off. My friend, begged me to drive over there so he could jump in their boat. Lol. He would have done it too but I refused.

Your friend was right and you should have backed him up!!!

And filmed it to post here!!!! :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

That's brutal. I'm not sure what I would have done had I been in your shoes, I definitely would have been pretty pissed off by their ignorant actions. I agree with a few of the other posts, I probably would have tied on a nice, heavy crankbait and started to cast across their lines. There's no need or excuse for acting in such a manner, that's flat out ignorant. Period. The fact that they initiated contact with you is pretty messed up. Did you get their boat registration number? I would be very tempted to report them, or at the very least, post that number all over the internet to warn others of their attitude and actions. They're a bag o'dick.....

206 don't u know the only bass in the lake are under your boat lol

it doesn't say a lot about their competency regarding their fishing skills

fish cakes anyone?

had the exact I mean exact thing happen twice on Lake Simcoe a few years back while fall fishing for perch in the bay just out from the Tiffin boat launch, wont say what I did so this does not get locked but I had fun and they didn't , oh how I don't miss fishing around THOSE types of boats :whistling:

They truly showed a lack of courtesy and respect for ones enjoyment on the lake as well as personal property

Edited by mr blizzard

Reminds me of fishing Rice Lake a few years ago with my son...We had used our depth finder to locate a shoal off the tip of an island and threw out a marker then motored upwind planning to drift fish back to and past the marker...

When we got turned around some guy and his wife had moved from fishing along the shore of the island to anchor beside our marker...when we got beside them to move the marker the guy in a very yankee accent asks "do you boys catch any fish around here" I replied, as I'm about to climb into their boat and give him a smack up the side of his head I'm so pissed "we do if some sumna birch don't park beside our marker"

Son Steven hollers "DAD NO !!!" and with that the jerk took off in a hurry...LOL

Im amazed at how many people comment that theyd resort to violence in this situation.

Settle down

A mean a verbal lashing I could understand but jump in another guys boat???

What if ya hit the guy and ko him and he goes overboard???

He,ll think twice then wont he Rick. :Gonefishing: