NF! If you could spend a day with a celeb. who is it?

GBW

Hey all.

So if you could spend a day with a current (living) celebrity just to "hang out and shoot the poop with" who would it be and why?

Me, Sheryl Crow (good looking, good music and I bet enjoys hunting/fishing)

Non fishing would be a really tough choice.

In my impressionable and idealistic years I have had the privilege of meeting and/or speaking with the likes of Robertson Davies, Farley Mowat, the Dalai Lama, and McLuhan just before his stroke. All individuals of considerable intellect and insight. Pretty hard to find better intellectual company. Very much the opposite of some of my classmates now sitting in Parliament. They're not worth wasting lead or ink to acknowledge them.

I'm not so much of an idealist any more, and there are few in this world that impress me any longer.

Musically I would love to talk with Ian Anderson

Only others that would interest me would be the likes of Tom Hanks or Robin Williams. Fellas who can put me in stitches.

Edited by bigugli

I pick fishing with moosebunk because of his passion for the sport.

Shucks Brother Glen... GBW did post "celeb" though, not lunatic. :tease: It's probably called obsession too, not passion. :blush:

Do loves me some fishing bud, thanks. Maybe one day we'll get that chance to share a boat and I'll talk your ears off. :w00t:

Really have no idea off the top of my head which celebrity I'd wanna hang out with so maybe I'll go with Roy too, if Wayne gives it the OK. :good:

Quite frankly celebrities boor me as they are mostly shallow people who have done nothing but ACT and look PRETTY.I would rather spend my time with a VICTORIA CROSS winner or a MEDAL of HONOR winner any time or any other military medal for heroism.

vance

Quite frankly celebrities boor me as they are mostly shallow people who have done nothing but ACT and look PRETTY.I would rather spend my time with a VICTORIA CROSS winner or a MEDAL of HONOR winner any time or any other military medal for heroism.

vance

Living VC's are a rare individual to find in this age. There are fewer than 10. Like many survivors, they probably don't like to talk much about how they earned their "gong"

1) Betty White without a doubt! I think she has an amazing sense of humor!

2) Justin Bieber so I could choke some sense and respect into him.

3) Rick Mercer, straight up honest approach to things and he isn't afraid to have a good laugh at his own expense!

^^^^

What Terry said, I have zero interest in celebrities.

I've had 70 different members of this board in my boat over the last 12 years or so and have had a great day with every single on of them.

And yes, I've fished with Roy too and I'd recommend it to anyone :clapping:

Edited by lew

I don't know if this counts but I'd probably take a day ice fishing with Gord Pyzer up north over any meet and greet with an A list celebrity. The guy just seems super cool and I'd walk away with a ton of knowledge of something I love but hardly have the time to learn.

A few years back I was at the Musky Odyssey in St. Catherines and was sitting in the auditorium listening to one of the speakers. I mentioned to the guy beside me that I purposely came to the show to listen to Gord Pyzer and was really looking forward to listening to his seminar.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and when I turned around to see who it was, it was Gord sitting behind me and he said I "I hope you enjoy what I have to say" :lol:

Really great guy for sure !!

Edited by lew