50 Years ago.....Where were you?

Meely

Well its been 50 years since the assassination of JFK.

Some moments in time one never forgets where they were or what they were doing.

So, for those who were around.....where were you and what were you doing when you heard the news?

Meely :canadian:

Edited by Meely

I had just gotten off work and I was leaving Pat's Camera and Sports at Broadview and Danforth when I saw a bunch of folks huddled around a 12" TV on the counter at the snack bar next door. Was really quite an emotional time.

Bunch of old farts around here heck my birth mother was only 5

Excuse me Mr Parker! :wallbash::whistling::D

I was in the third grade and remember it well. All the teachers (mostly nuns) were crying and they sent us home early from school. Our black and white TV stayed on for a long time.

1963...(27 years old)...I worked at the racetrack as a waiter/bartender... $2 per day as a waiter and $2 an hour as a bartender...

When the races were finished for the year I got on with Eaton's doing Christmas deliveries...a lady in Guildwood village told me the president had been shot...most of the rest of the day I got reports from our customers...

Edited by Beans

I was only 4 years old, but I very clearly remember sitting on the floor in front of the old TV and my Mother was crying her eyes out. It is still a very vivid memory for me and I have been spellbound by the events surrounding his death ever since. A sad day indeed.

I read whatever I can find on the subject and i have seen most of the movies and specials with their individual "takes" on the events of the faitful Dallas day.