I'm Back ( Again )

Garyv

Well after canceling this years trip to Lakair as my doc's requested I took another turn for the worse. After the surgery in April things were looking up until the incision opened and infected requiring 8 weeks of VON daily. With that problem my water retention was put in 2nd place on the fix list and then stupid me with the male ego "Ill get better" attitude took over. In the end I was rushed by ambulance to hospital on June 22nd not being able to breath. Yep good old congestive heart failure. For the next 9 days I found out what is was like to be a waterfall. 2 IV injections daily to make you part with your "water" and in the end the result was went in hospital @ 244Lbs was released @ under 200lbs....now thats a lot of peeing!!!!. I also did manage to get my existing heart problem to become worse and am now in the process of adjusting my all new med regime to meet my requirements.

Since todays my 63rd birthday and I'm still here after the last 3 months I would like to beg with anyone out there that "if your not feeling right don't wait like I did until you do damage....go see your doc as soon a possible and get yourself taken care of no matter your age" Don't be stupid like me and think you can do it by yourself. OK enough preaching....except for due to my male ego I still have not wet a line this year and probably won't for another week or two. Don't let that type of thing happen to you!!!!!

Point well taken Gary! Really sorry to hear about your continued health problems. It sounds like you are on the road to recovery...and I really hope it's a short road at that!! I look forward to seeing your face with a great first fish in your first fishing report of the year.

Happy birthday!!!

Edited by ccmtcanada

Happy Birthday Gary and really good to hear your finally on the mend. That sounds like some scary stuff but hopefully it's all behind you now.

You were definetely missed at Lakair this year but with any luck you'll be back next June.

I think Digger was dissappointed that Amy couldn't make it this year too ;)

Take care of yerself !!

Wow Gary! Last message I got from you sounded like you had things back on track! I guess with a weight loss program like that, who the heck needs Jenny Craig?

Take'er easy, leave your ego out on the lake and get better soon! In reality, you've really only missed two weeks of the bass season... they'll be there when you get there!

Take care and do what the doc and your loved ones tell yah! I hope to read about your successful outing soon!

HH

Oh yah... Happy Birthday! :clapping:

Edited by Headhunter

Wow Gary, that really sucks. You were definately missed at Lakair sir!

That is very sound advice, and I should know. I too thought I'd be okay, but guess what, the doctors sometimes know what they're talking about don't they :rolleyes:

Hang in there bud and take care of yourself. We all miss you and you'll get out there soon enough. Dang fish just mock us while we're out there fishing anyhow ;)

Happy Birthday Hon :clapping:

Joey

Happy birthday Gary, glad you're still around to celebrate it...let's keep it that way for a few more years ok? :D As others have said...the fish are there waiting for you...you'll have a great report when you do get out I'm sure.

Maureen

poop Head!

How dare you scare the crap out of your family and friends in the name of male ego!

I've lived in your world, male ego..... and all that stuff. Did some damage that took years to undo but now I am back on track!

Now it's your turn. I chalange you to meet me at Lacair next year, I will reserve a cabin for you, I, and two others yet to be named, you better make it or else!

I'm not ready to loose another friend right now!

Good to hear from you again please take care of yourself.

Just got news today my dad has Diabetes at 69 .He is too heavy so he has to lose 20lbs. 5 foot 9 230lbs.

I am looking forward to your report when you are well enough to get out.

Take care .MTP :canadian: