I'm confused!! NF

muskymatt

Winter Fever has set in. The ice will come, well maybe not. We have to express our views when there are no fish to be had. :)

Please start/end all of your political bashing with "wish I was fishing." that should help.

I just want my great grandchildren to be able to enjoy the pleasures of my youth, well I guess shooting rats at the dump with a 22 is pushing it , but it was more fun than any video game :ninja:

I just want my great grandchildren to be able to enjoy the pleasures of my youth, well I guess shooting rats at the dump with a 22 is pushing it , but it was more fun than any video game :ninja:

OMG we use to spend countless days doing that when we were kids. Never thought anyone but us did it :clapping:

haha we use to hang out by the local creek, which had some steep sides to get down to the water. we would bring home snapping turtles, frogs, tadpoles, snakes. our parents loved us! lol used to ride our bikes down the hill and jump over the creek on a make shift ramp

OMG we use to spend countless days doing that when we were kids. Never thought anyone but us did it :clapping:

For us it was shooting squirrels or blowing up frogs with checker bombs (only during non-fishing season when bass were closed)

Edited by bigugli

We are working on the political threads. i am hoping that people can be nice and talk to each other as adults. We are faced with winternet right now and once we can fish again the political threads seem to dwindle. We try very hard not to say No completely on any topic but if it keeps getting out of hand then we will ban them and hope everyone understands.

In the mean time lets go fishing for bacon.

Thanks

Art

This site used to be a fishing site, now the majority of discussions are non fishing, the political threads should not be allowed.

I think if non-fishing threads were eliminated; it would be the beginning of the end of the site. You would be getting rid of most of the content. Fewer topics = fewer posts = fewer reasons to visit = even fewer posts... etc.

The site may be able to survive a ban on just political threads. But even then, I think we would be losing something from the site. I would much rather see people learn to discuss an issue without personal attacks.

I think if non-fishing threads were eliminated; it would be the beginning of the end of the site. You would be getting rid of most of the content. Fewer topics = fewer posts = fewer reasons to visit = even fewer posts... etc.

The site may be able to survive a ban on just political threads. But even then, I think we would be losing something from the site. I would much rather see people learn to discuss an issue without personal attacks.

Why don't the mods create a politics/hot button topic sub section of the general forum?

Disagreed. Posters continuously start threads they know are going to start arguments. Always the same guys, big mouths who just can't keep it shut. I'd love to see the banhammer swing far more often then it does. You start a political thread that anyone with half a brain can see is going to go sideways and your done. I can't stand the those threads and they constantly come up and political allegiances keep making themselves evident in threads everyday. Really irritating.