New chapter in my life

mike rousseau

Hello

I'm very proud to say I've started a new chapter of my life.

I have been fortunate enough to take a step up the leadership ladder where I work and it has landed me in a great job and I'm so happy to say I got a Dayshift schedule with my new promotion. I now get to see my wife and kids (5 and 3 years old) every day. Thats an unbelievable feeling after 10 years of nights and afternoons.

We are all still getting used to our new family time and balancing work, fishing and family but so far so good.

It feels amazing WORKING my way up and it's encouraging to see some companies still reward hard work and promote and develop within rather then hiring outside talent all the time. I started 4 years ago on the floor stacking freight as a temp making around $12 an hour working for an agency contracted by the company I now work for. After being hired on permeate lay they recommended a leadership development program to me as they felt I had the ability to lead and 3 years and 2 promotions later I have a great job with a comfortable salary and am getting amazing development opportunities like the 3 day course I'm attending this week in Mississauga. Im excited to be working for one of the biggest employers in the world. The experience I'm getting this early in my leadership career by working for such a large successful company is truly a gift I've been lucky to receive.

I feel like I'm on top of the world right now.

Mike

Congrats Mike. I can relate to the afternoon/midnight shifts as Paul works both. Most times I get home and he's going to bed and then when I go to bed he's leaving for work. It's all for the greater good though and hopefully we can enjoy our retirement in 10 or 15 years.

Glad things are working out for you and all I can say is sometimes, you have to cook too ya know ;)