WHAT WONDERFUL NEWS TODAY. Eye update NF

misfish

As many know here, I had to deal with retina detachmant last summer. The biggest scare of my life. 5 lazer surgurys, which were painful as heck. Total of 9 weeks off work. Wouldnt of been bad being off if it was fishing related, but it was not.

Today was the first of a 5 day long weekend for me. Today was set for my visit to the eye doc, and get the toon fish ready with some rod holders, and the next 4 days to fish.

The eye has been good except for the odd days of pressure, but it was due to some stress and heavy lifting that I know I shouldnt be doing, but sometimes I just get carried away with my job. BAD BRIAN.LOL

Anyhoo, I went to the doc and had my 6 month check up since my 3 month one. I get started reading the letters and numbers one eye at a time. Right one was perfect still, left ( the detached one with glacoma) made it 4 lines. Dang, I was worried. Moved to another room for an orbital scan. Lovely lady she was. :whistling:

Once done that, I have a seat and wait for the doc. He looks at the orbital scan, puts some drops in my eyes, and does his look see. I know the routine well now. Well so I thought. Usualy theres another set of drops to check further behind the eye. This was not the case today. He pulls back after having a look and says,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

See you in 12 months. I was like ah, you sure? Yup, your eyes are good. Except for a stigment which is a dead nerve that couldnt be repaired from the lazer surgury.

I was so happy to hear this. No, exstatic is the word I am looking for here.

I was so happy, I went and treated myself to a new pair of Maui Jims uv/polerized glasses with magnafiers on the bottom for tieing my knots. I havent spent that kind of cash on sunglasses, but I dont care.

What a way to start my days off,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Now to tie up some roe bags for fridays fish,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :Gonefishing:

Ya I know, I dont spell so good,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :tease:

Thanks gang. Im still feeling great the from the news today.

Not sure about deserve Davey.

I am very thankfull to the doc that got me down right away to SunnyBrook right away and to see

Dr. Peter Kertes

Dr. Kertes is a vitreo-retinal surgeon at the Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre and an Associate Professor in the Department of Ophthalmology and Vision Sciences at the University of Toronto. He specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the retina, macula, and vitreous. He and his partners at Sunnybrook are involved in a number of clinical trials seeking better treatments for such diseases as Age-Related Macular Degeneration, Diabetic Retinopathy, as well as several surgical studies that are trying to optimize the outcomes of retinal surgery.

Dr. Kertes has a special interest in international ophthalmology, notably in the realm of pediatric retinal diseases such as Retinopathy of Prematurity. He has traveled widely in the developing world volunteering his services and expertise. He is an important contributor to the post-graduate education of ophthalmology residents and retinal fellows.

But

Thanks gang. Im still feeling great the from the news today.

Not sure about deserve Davey.

I am very thankfull to the doc that got me down right away to SunnyBrook right away and to see

Dr. Peter Kertes[/size]

Dr. Kertes is a vitreo-retinal surgeon at the Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre and an Associate Professor in the Department of Ophthalmology and Vision Sciences at the University of Toronto. He specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the retina, macula, and vitreous. He and his partners at Sunnybrook are involved in a number of clinical trials seeking better treatments for such diseases as Age-Related Macular Degeneration, Diabetic Retinopathy, as well as several surgical studies that are trying to optimize the outcomes of retinal surgery.[/size]

Dr. Kertes has a special interest in international ophthalmology, notably in the realm of pediatric retinal diseases such as Retinopathy of Prematurity. He has traveled widely in the developing world volunteering his services and expertise. He is an important contributor to the post-graduate education of ophthalmology residents and retinal fellows.

But does he know how to fish? A couple of miles up the "head" would make him see a lot better too!

Then you could say to him "did you see that"; a flash of silver :)