I'm out

lickmyarmpit

Seems like allot of fellow members are on the move lately. I'm another one to get as far away as possible from the gta. Packing up and moving to the Timmins area at the end of the month. Had enough of the people ,traffic, and battle fishing weekend warriors on any lake less than a 3 hour drive. Can't wait to slow down the pace of life and enjoy my time outdoors. Any one in the area want to be a guide would love to learn some new spots. Always an open seat in the boat for anyone willing to share some local knowledge.

Cheers fellas some solid fish posts coming this year.

Seems like allot of fellow members are on the move lately. I'm another one to get as far away as possible from the gta. Packing up and moving to the Timmins area at the end of the month. Had enough of the people ,traffic, and battle fishing weekend warriors on any lake less than a 3 hour drive. Can't wait to slow down the pace of life and enjoy my time outdoors. Any one in the area want to be a guide would love to learn some new spots. Always an open seat in the boat for anyone willing to share some local knowledge.

if only the fiance would let me do this lol

i tried to convince her to move to my home town Flin Flon manitoba, i had a good job lined up and everything but no dice lol.

Good for you and good luck!

wish i could do that too

good luck

All it takes is the desire to do it!

if only the fiance would let me do this lol

i tried to convince her to move to my home town Flin Flon manitoba, i had a good job lined up and everything but no dice lol.

You my friend are pussy whipped! You don't ask, you go, if she is the right one she will come with you if she isn't then it is better to part company now!

Good for you. I've been thinking long and hard about the move away too. Nothing worse than snailing through GTA traffic on route to the lake. My lady is in social work so will be tough for her to find good work but it is out there. Friends and family can come visit on the weekends. Now to find the right venture to be self employed...

Good for you and good luck!

All it takes is the desire to do it!

You my friend are pussy whipped! You don't ask, you go, if she is the right one she will come with you if she isn't then it is better to part company now!

lol cliff arent you the one thats selling the house on the lake?

and weve already had the talk about it, currently her career wouldnt allow for her to make a move like that, and its a bit ridiculous to ask someone to give up their career to go and sit up north and do nothing.

She already knows that once its time to have kids etc, then we will definitely be moving somewhere much quieter

Good for you. I moved back home (Northern Ontario) 8 years ago after the divorce. I love every minute of here. Fishing and hunting are close by. The pace is a lot slower and the people are a lot nicer.

My over all health improved quickly and I can't wait to wake up in the morning. Jobs are a lot harder to find, but I never planned on being rich anyway.

You won't need a guide(that's GTA talk) up there once you get to know the locals. They'll show you everything in due time. Live every day and have a blast.

muddler

lol cliff arent you the one thats selling the house on the lake?

and weve already had the talk about it, currently her career wouldnt allow for her to make a move like that, and its a bit ridiculous to ask someone to give up their career to go and sit up north and do nothing.

She already knows that once its time to have kids etc, then we will definitely be moving somewhere much quieter

Yes, I am the one selling the house on the lake but I am now 70 LOL. We are selling it because we have lived my/our dream for the last 16 years and now our dream is becoming reality. The reality is that I can no longer do the things that are necessary to manage a place like this. Don't sit around and wait for the "right time", the only thing you will get from that is missed dreams and opportunities!

I do apologize though, what is right for me isn't right for everyone, I am sure your lady is worth whatever you are willing to do to make it all happen! I wish you and her nothing but the best!

You won't need a guide(that's GTA talk) up there once you get to know the locals. They'll show you everything in due time. Live every day and have a blast.

muddler

Yep. You won't need to ask OFC for anything, that's for sure, just make some friends.

I couldn't fathom moving down south again.

Fantastic move for you. You only get 1 shot at life so live it to the fullest that you can.

Akrinsoner. As far as a fiancé "giving permission" oh my oh my. You might want to shop around or phrase your situation a little differently. Permission, I give permission not get permission, then do as I'm told. Seriously though it's no way to start a relationship by getting her permission or thinking you need her permission, no way whatsoever. Get back to us in 10 years and let us how it all worked out.

You old guys are from a different generation. Times and women have changed. Most work full time and have 50% vote on life plans.

Us younger guys missed the good ol days.

Having said that - I never ask to go fishing or give a Time when I will be home. But I do try to be a Fair partner.

Just because his wife won't move to Flin Flon doesn't mean the guy is whipped.

Tough crowd.

Awesome! You are moving to a beautiful area, and the best thing you can do is distance yourself from the GTA. The GTA has done more to erode what this great province had been in the past. You are a lucky man!

Edited by Spanky

Nice, congratulations... If there was bountiful construction work in areas like that I wouldn't be in the city, but that's the way she goes for now! The best I can hope for is a nice country lot not far from the city

That made me laugh. Well said Cliff. Post of the year right there. In my case I would ask first out of respect but there better be a real strong reason to say no. It's a two way street right? All this "happy wife, happy life" is a crock IMO. I went out with a nice gal for 5 years, then she started complaining about my hunting and fishing. CYA babe.

Live 35 minutes outside of Ottawa and that's still too close. The GTA or Ottawa Valley is surely is like anywhere urban and that's no place to be really. Good for you for making the move, Timmins ain't all that bad a choice either. Pretty country any direction on the compass.

Congrats. If my kids were older (20's vs 9 and 12 now) I'd be gone too. Lindsay isn't far enough North for me... I even thought of buying a home just up the road from M2B in the Emo area but not right now...

The family move here from downtown Toronto when I was 15 and I have never looked back.

Work wasn't always easy to find, had to go to Sudbury a couple times over the years but thats about it.

I can snowmobile, fish, hunt and go to concerts or games whenever. We have every store that is in the south..just one of each instead of 20.

No lineups for anything except Timmies

I told my daughter once a few years ago that I was thinking of moving south again, London area..she said, give your head a shake Dad...so I did..dumb idea

Timmins is a pretty decent area...enjoy your life there

Edited by Dara

Getting away from the GTA was a good thing for us some 25 years back. Rural Niagara was pretty rural back then. Far too many subdivisions going up now, but the fishing is decent.

Getting too long in the tooth to think of going back to rural any more. With the Mrs being hospitalized almost every year, my family needs that proximity to complex healthcare that one cannot find in the rural north.

It is a healthier, freer lifestyle. Enjoy.