Winter

Fisherman

Is anyone else getting sick and tired of the wah, wah, wah on the weather net every time they expect snow? Then every other radio station has these special weather bulletins. Epic snowfall of biblical proportions on the eastern seaboard(well some got dumped on). WAH!

I watch CTV news from Toronto every evening and they break me up constantly with their weather talk.

Seems every time their gonna get an inch of snow they do the broadcast from the city salt yards and explain how many salters and plows are ready to tackle the "storm"

I dunno about anyone else but I think we've had a pretty easy winter but to listen to those guys it could be the worst winter in years.

But speaking of an easy winter, as I look out the front window I can't even see across the lake it's snowing so hard :canadian::lol:

Edited by lew

I dunno about anyone else but I think we've had a pretty easy winter but to listen to those guys it could be the worst winter in years.

Exactly, it's been a piece of cake so far. Knock on wood.

I find by mid February we've got it beat. Longer, sunnier days, and it feels like it won't be long until the sap will be flowing.

I am :canadian:

Edited by chris.brock

I don't care anymore with my Michelin Latitude X-ice tires now on the truck!! LOL... My old man would hang his head in shame... dedicated snows! LMAO Guess I'm getting old.. and the all seasons, while fine for another summer @ 6/32nds, weren't cutting it in the snow!

I watch CTV news from Toronto every evening and they break me up constantly with their weather talk.

Seems every time their gonna get an inch of snow they do the broadcast from the city salt yards and explain how many salters and plows are ready to tackle the "storm"

Well, they did it again.

Couple inches of snow coming down and once again, they did the broadcast from the salt yards 10 minutes ago :lol:

Got a call from my eye guy's office with the date for my left eye cataract removal (Feb 25) so took a quick look at the weather for February 2015...looks like we are in for a lot more snow all month...damn the luck !!!

Got a call from my eye guy's office with the date for my left eye cataract removal (Feb 25) so took a quick look at the weather for February 2015...looks like we are in for a lot more snow all month...damn the luck !!!

Best of luck with your peep Norm. Look forward to hearing how it improved your sight Norm. My date is March or April for both peeps. I no longer feel the need to laugh at old people.

Edited by Brian B

Ive been out on my snowmobile twice this winter, for a total of about 5km

We've been sliding once. Not enough snow to cover the forage.

Outdoor rinks about 5 times and everytime we plan on going its gets to plus temps

Just last week it was +12 and raining. Yesterday, +3 and raining. Today? -17 and icy as all heck lol.

Surr has been a weird winter for nw ontario

"Best of luck with your peep Norm. Look forward to hearing how it improved your sight Norm. My date is March or April for both peeps. I no longer feel the need to laugh at old people."

Hey Brian Have only had the cataracts removed from my right eye so far but I no longer need to wear glasses (have since I was twelve years old)so I am looking forward to having the left eye done...Hopefully I will be able to see my float move from a distance while crappie fishing this coming spring...

Edited by Beans

Best of luck with your peep Norm. Look forward to hearing how it improved your sight Norm. My date is March or April for both peeps. I no longer feel the need to laugh at old people.

Had mine done (both eyes) a couple of years ago. I couldn't believe how many stars there were in the sky or how white, white really was after the surgery. I still need my glasses for reading but have bifocals so I just wear them all the time.

Norm, if you think you are going have a problem getting to your appointment let me know, I'll come and get you if you need me too. Just try to give me a day or two notice so I can book off work.

What else are they going to talk about on Thw Weather Network dedicated 24 hours per day to the weather. Same freekin thing every 10 minutes for 24 hours. Same as the 24 hour news channels same "news" every 10 minutes including the same weather for 24 hours. They will break in with world changing developments because the weather has changed. You know what I mean.

We get the Boston US networks on our dish here. For 2 days this week "JUDGE JUDY" was preempted to cover the "Snowmagedon of the century". They got it right, it snowed. Don't mess with Judge Judy.

This is something I would love to hear from a news report from a reporter that has had it.

Now we go to Lance reporting from the centre of this strange occurance, I must warn you some images may be disturbing, Lance....

Yes Chip I am here in the middle of what I can only say that this is something this reporter has never seen before and never wants to see again. If you can see behind me is some type of white particulate the is dropping from above in a verticle fashion. We are out here Chip without any protection and have had our skin come in contact with this possibly deadly material that is most likely toxic. I can tell you it feels wet. Several calls to the White House the Pentagon as well as NASA have not been returned. What are they hiding Chip? If I don't make it back alive, please tell my family I love them Chip.

Edited by Old Ironmaker