Drinking and driving

Big Cliff

With the Holidays upon us I would like to share a personal experience with my friends about drinking and driving.

As you may know some of us have been known to have brushes with the authorities from time to time on the way home after a "social session" out with friends.

Well, two days ago I was out for an evening with friends and had several beers followed by some rather nice Blanton's Bourbon. Feeling jolly, I still had the sense to know that I may be slightly over the limit. That's when I did something that I've never done before -- I took a cab home.

Sure enough on the way home there was a police road block, but since it was a cab they waved it past. I arrived home safely without incident.

This was a real surprise as I had never driven a cab before. I don't know where I got it, and now that it's in my garage, I don't know what to do with it.

I wish everyone made that choice.

Too many impaireds on the road, don't get tired catching them.

Couple weeks ago at around 9pm the girlfriend was on her way to my place after work and was behind a drunk driver, she called into 911, and followed her for 5-10 mins before she ended up hitting the curb and flipping her suv right in front of my gf, craziness

http://m.thespec.com/news-story/5177937-woman-taken-to-hospital-after-rollover-on-mohawk-road/

Edited by Lucas F

Thanks for doing that.

I don't have a problem following a drunk while on the phone with the cops, and even stop to see if they are OK, after they ditch their vehicle. I have spent some time in court, ensuring they don't kill myself or my family the next time they do something stupid.

One guy is currently spending his weekends in Lindsay, and has no hope of getting a license again.

Be good out there.

Entropy

I wish everyone made that choice.

Too many impaireds on the road, don't get tired catching them.

What punishment would a first time offender receive if they're driving drunk and injure someone? What about if someone is killed?

On average, are drunks typically let off too easy or are the courts hard on drunks?