So I'm moving to Gooderham

GBW

So the Mrs and I just purchased a re-sale home in Gooderham close to where the 507 and 503 meet up.  I cannot wait to explore the fishing out there!  

I guess I now need more toys like an ATV, a tractor for snow removal as it's a 1.17 acres in size lot wise.  And I may need to get a boat (again).  Really not looking at getting a Ski-Doo but time will tell.  

At least the 507 and 503 are fun roads to travel on when on the motorcycles and I have a family room window view of the 503...  

I look forward to the next/new adventures out there!  

• Like 6

I already asked, but have you hit the pawn shop for that banjo yet??

Have fun, lakes in every direction and if you get caught on the West side of Glamour lake make sure the Graham boys know who you are ....and who your good friend is....before they get the gun loaded!

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, GBW said:

So the Mrs and I just purchased a re-sale home in Gooderham close to where the 507 and 503 meet up.  I cannot wait to explore the fishing out there!  

I guess I now need more toys like an ATV, a tractor for snow removal as it's a 1.17 acres in size lot wise.  And I may need to get a boat (again).  Really not looking at getting a Ski-Doo but time will tell.  

At least the 507 and 503 are fun roads to travel on when on the motorcycles and I have a family room window view of the 503...  

Good luck you two, a new adventure begins!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, GBW said:

Very cool. My parents live right around the 507 and 503 intersection as well. Those roads are definitely nice to drive with lots of great scenery to enjoy. Lots of ATV trails around as well if you're into that.

• Like 1

Used to catch Spec's years ago along the I B and O trail as it is called now , both Mc Cue Creek and the Irondale had them , even could get a couple quick ones for lunch off the culvert just east of town where Mc Cue crosses the 503. 

Edited by dave524
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, misfish said:

LCBO

1007 Gooderham Street Box #157
Gereral Delivery
Gooderham, K0M1R0

Web: www.lcbo.com

Category: LCBO, Liquor Store, Off Licence

Store Hours:

Mon Closed
Tue 10am - 6pm
Wed 10am - 6pm
Thu 10am - 6pm
Fri 10am - 8pm
Sat 10am - 6pm

Sun11am - 6pm

😂

My wife and I had a cottage just west of there in Kinmount.. no real spectacular fishing in the area but it's a good spot for sledding and ATVing. And yeah some of the locals are interesting people.. lock your stuff up..

Edited by pics
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, pics said:

44 minutes ago, pics said:

And yeah some of the locals are interesting people.. lock you stuff up..

That goes without saying anymore for anywhere.

I'm in a neighborhood that is very quiet, but someone stole my Avalanche right out the driveway. Got back late from Ice fishing on Simcoe. Left everything in the truck including my Skidoo in the back and all my cold-weather gear and tackle inside. Woke up the next morning went downstairs to watch some TV. An hour later my wife comes down and with surprise, she says "you're here" Then she tells me my truck isn't, she thought I went to the shop to unload the sled.

NOPE!!!

All gone!!!

So again it doesn't matter where you live, there are low-life thieves everywhere. Just waiting for a chance to grab your stuff. How to keep the stuff safe, I have no idea? If they want it bad enough they'll get it one way or another. If we catch and retaliate, we'll likely get arrested for assault ??? 

Dan...   

Sorry forgot to mention.

ENJOY YOUR NEW HOME!!!

Edited by DanD
  • Like 1

Lindsay is BAD for the ``dark walkers`` or `crack heads`(folks going door to door in the night) checking car`s and more nightly.  

I know the new area may have it`s issues BUT far from the drug abused section Lindsay has turned into.  

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/25/2022 at 6:26 PM, GBW said:

Thanks Mr B but I shop at the beer store.  I have lost my taste for those other beverages.  ;)  

Well, the gooderham LCBO is your new beer store. lol.....Its the first place I got served under aged haha.....use to be a tiny trailer. 

I think the next closest is kinmout, or wilberforce. Spent a lot of years in that neck of the woods. Get a skidoo. You won't regret it. If you like the bikes, a skidoo is next closest thing to riding a bike. You can go anywhere from your front door, and I mean anywhere. We were on grace lake for 26 years. I miss it every damn day. 

S. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, porkpie said:

You know why they call it kinmount right?  Cause they couldn’t put cousin____ on the sign!  Hope you like banjos 😀

Yeah, there was a family that owned a thousand acre plot around the cottage.. some were nice😅.. we really didn't have to worry about thieves because they kept them away.. of course we never left anything out near the road because it would grow legs and end up at their main farm down the highway... 

Edited by pics
  • Like 2

On 2/26/2022 at 9:28 PM, GBW said:

Lindsay is BAD for the ``dark walkers`` or `crack heads`(folks going door to door in the night) checking car`s and more nightly.  

I know the new area may have it`s issues BUT far from the drug abused section Lindsay has turned into.  

Yeah, my Daughter is at Fleming. It was not a feel good dropping her off I’ll say that. Every time I’m in that town there’s always a guy walking through town zig zagging all over. I would have preferred her going anywhere else. 

Congrats on the move - have spent a few weekends around Gooderham this winter ice fishing and have also spent time there in the summer

Nice little town and a lot of great fishing and outdoor opportunities around for sure

Cheers

Andrew

Edited by gordy28
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So we went for a pre close visit today.  Seen a guy launching a kayak in town at the river (I hope he got a trout if fishing).  

Also seen this image and I know I've seen this before.  Anyone?  

knappy.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Well, it took Thursday morning to pack the moving truck BUT due to a delay in getting the key's we had to advise them that we aren't going to be in on time and we weill meet them at the new property on Friday moring.  We planned for this and in turn it costs us less due to travel time.  Those that I have as friends here on FB watched the gong show unfold from Thursday eveing (as I got here at 4pm when we took ownership at 1pm).  HOWEVER the prior owners were here still when I got here and scrambeling to pack!  They were so far from prepaired to say the least! 

So I slept on a small pad, a sleeping bag for more padding and got up for 6:30 to ensure they came back and picked up the rotten out, broken down truck and camper.  At leaset they showed...  

Our movers got here at 9am and the games began.  Man this house is a lot smaller than the last!  L0L  

Since, I tested positive of Friday for covid and my wife did this evening.  So unpacking has been slowed.  BUT we thought we were going to be screwed for milk and fresh food over the course of this move but thank God for parents!  My mother who is 30 min. away asked for a shopping list and is going to get it for us and no talk door drop it for us now that we are stuck here for another 5 days for me.

Worst part when it comes to a fishing report to this is that I don't have a single trout lure here to wander over to a river, creek back lack to during all this!  ARRGGGHH!  

I do enjoy the quiet, the dark and everyting that isn't Lindsay even despite all the issues going on.

Anyone want to door drop some rainbow and brookie lures to help a guy out, HA!  

I can NOT wait to discover the fishing and share.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/17/2022 at 4:38 PM, pics said:

Yeah, there was a family that owned a thousand acre plot around the cottage.. some were nice😅.. we really didn't have to worry about thieves because they kept them away.. of course we never left anything out near the road because it would grow legs and end up at their main farm down the highway... 

There are a few "original" families in the area, owning large tracts of. land and numerous businesses. They keep the neighbourhood peaceful.

• Like 1