The bad news...then the good news

lew

Lew my thoughts are with you and your lovely wife. Positive attitude goes a long way, seems the both of you have this in spades!

I am up in the peterbourgh area often (havelock) and if there is anything you need a hand with, just say the word.

G

Lew, somehow I missed this thread. Man that really is bad news good news. The older you get the more and more it hits our lives and it sucks big time. You and your loved ones are not alone and there is strength in numbers. Prayers from here via G mail, God mail. Hang tough buddy she needs you now more then anytime in your marriage.

Just an opinion, do not cancel the Xmas do, get everyone together and help her put it on. Getting ones mind off this during recovery is the best medicine. We are going on 3 years Cancer free here.

Just seeing this now Lew. A week in paradise at the cottage with no phone no TV and no internet.

Not the stuff I wanna read when I'm on here catching up :( It however sounds like things where caught at the best possible time so I'm sure the road might be a little bumpy but Diane will sail through with flying colors :clapping:

Debbe had her cancer 18 years ago and is still here, healthy as a horse and still putting up with me. Our prayers are for the same results for you folks.

Just home from the lake Lew and not what I wanted to read, but sounds like Diane and yourself have things we'll diagnosed / explained and most importantly a plan in place to put this behind you both.

I have a flying buddy that keeps telling me these things are all a test.... it would just be nice if someone would supply the study material.

All the best to Diane and her loving husband of 48 years!

Wayne

• 1 month later...

Hi guys

I hadn't planned on bumping this post to the top again but we've received so many emails, phone calls and PM's since I told about my wife's cancer that I just can't reply to everyone individually.

The surgery was performed at Lakeridge Hospital in Oshawa this morning and the surgeon says it was a complete and total success. Part of her left lung was removed in a 3 hour operation along with the cancerous tumor and she is now completely cancer free.

Diane is in the Critical Care Unit for a couple days then will move to a regular room for a couple days more then she heads home.

The doctor says after a bit of recuperation she'll be nearly as good as ever and will lose a bit of lung function but not enough to even really notice. She walks 3 miles almost every day and the doc says that'll continue with no problems. He said she wouldn't be able to climb a mountain but Diane said that's not a big deal because she couldn't climb a mountain before the surgery LOL

It's been a very tough couple months for my family and friends but as I type this I feel like a hundred pounds has been lifted from my shoulders.

I'm staying in an Oshawa hotel close to the hospital but it'll sure be nice to get home in a few days and Diane starting to enjoy life again.

Thank you VERY much to all that have emailed, phoned, PMed and in general just really helped my wonderful wife get through a tough couple months.

Your really a great group.

Edited by lew