The bad news...then the good news

lew

Bad news is my wife developed a cold awhile back that lingered so our doctor decided to take an X-ray and when they looked at it a spot appeared in the picture by her left lung. Another picture was taken and it was still there so they did a Cat-scan and the darned spot was still there.

Diane was sent to a cancer surgeon and he thought it looked like it could be cancer, infact he was kinda sure it was so he set up a whole bunch of tests for confirmation..

The last month or so we've been travelling between Peterboro, Oshawa & Toronto hospitals where my wife has undergone more tests then you would believe.

Now the good news.

We had another meeting with the surgeon yesterday and it turns out it's a small early stage cancer and hasn't spread anywhere else and is confined to the upper lobe of her left lung.

Diane's scheduled for surgery November 4th where a section of her upper lung will be removed along with all the cancer. The surgeon will make 3 small (ish) incisions and will remove it through them.

There'll be a couple days in intensive care, then a few more days in a regular room and if all goes well, she'll be home in less than a week.

We'll be needing some crossed fingers when the time comes, but I've got a lot of faith in this doctor and everybody feels this will all have a happy ending.

Our 48th wedding anniversary is coming up in a couple weeks and I've already told her I'm counting on another 48.

I'm only posting this because we've made alot of friends on this board in the last 12 years and many know about this and I just wanted everyone to know things are now looking up.

All prayers will be gratefully received though.

Wow Lew. I'm so sorry to hear this news, but glad it's been caught early! She is in my thoughts for a speedy recovery! I'm in Whitby...half way between Toronto and the Kawarthas. If you are in need of a place to crash for a little bit please let me know. I was laid off a while back and I'm always here at home. Good luck with everything!