Quinte Walleye Report Nov. 23,24,25.

Fish Farmer

Nov 23,24,25, 5 guys, 2 boats, caught 2 Walleye and 1 Pike
We stayed at the Picton Harbor Inn.
Both Walleye were trophy fish, both were 32" but the monster had a 22" girth, weight close to 16 LBs.
One was caught on a Stretch 20 other on a Reef Runner. 200' back flat lining near Thompsons.
G2_zpshitahrpv.jpg

B2_zpscfxws539.jpg

3 days 3 fish? Is that unusually slow?

Incredible fish by the way, thanks for sharing.

A friend of mine went on a charter a month ago at the Bay of Quinte and they got skunked. Only one pike which they lost boatside.

Nice fish! Walleye are still on my yet to catch list.

Edited by huzzsaba

Id fish for a month straight to hold that first walleye!

Whoa!!!!

Wicked catches boys!!!

I'm totally with Rick. That is an incredible fish. An over 15 is very tough to go beyond.

Consider yourselves lucky though, the fishing has been terribly slow. We had one good day 13 for 15 with 12 eyes weeks ago, then 5 for 7, then suffered my first ever skunk since starting fishing there in 2009. Most of the fish in the 8-10 pound range. but the reports getting back now... SLOW!!! It's so weird. People picking off fish one or two a day here and there. Little charter chatter. May get back once more yet...

Well Dave.. we all know you go for the comradery and not the quantity of fish... that's proven for sure this year! :whistling:

A couple of GREAT fish there... lots of fish tales, stories and whiskey I bet at night. Can't beat it any day of the week if going to work!

Can't beat a 3 day outing with a great group of friends... well I guess you could if you went for 5 or 10 ! :canadian:

We only go down this time of year looking for a Walleye entree in our fishing club, we do the fish weight formula. They go back to fight another day.
It's funny, the smaller fish was caught first, guy with the yellow rain suit he would have taken first place in our club, but in turn he netted the bigger fish for our other buddy which beat him out. :wallbash::rofl2:
And myself, I guess you would say I'm the picture taker and spectator, but he did say I could touch his fish if I want feel what one feels like, and I call him my buddy :asshat::D

I keep telling them, I'm the driver :rolleyes::tease::D
Trolling with the Ipilot is something else, first year with one. no motor running seems weird, can get down to any speed 1.4, 1.5, 1.6. set the direction and sit back.

Buddy that caught the big one is pumped, tell ya, was a good night back at the motel. We always say what happens in Picton, stays in Picton :rofl2::good: OH those memories :w00t: Head still hurts :D

Thanks for the comments guys.

Edited by Fish Farmer

in contrary format i spent 8 days hitting eyes a couple weeks back on GB and we boated over 200 fish...id trade every last one of em to catch that goliath.

That is what you call a friggin donkey. That might be the biggest eye ive seen a photo of and definitely the biggest one ive seen around these forums.

in contrary format i spent 8 days hitting eyes a couple weeks back on GB and we boated over 200 fish...id trade every last one of em to catch that goliath.

That is what you call a friggin donkey. That might be the biggest eye ive seen a photo of and definitely the biggest one ive seen around these forums.

I have to agree with you I haven't saw a Walleye that big, I think I was as pump as my buddy catching it.

Amazing fish ! well done

Was an amazing fish but hardly fought at all.