Ah to be on Ice covered Simcoe

misfish

Me bud and I hit Lady Simcoe for a few hours this morning. There was no way we were heading to the circus grounds, so we hit a quiet little joint.

Village for two. Chip chip, step he did, and did it well I must say.Ice was 3-4 inches, which surprised us, as it,s been covered now for 6 days. Make our way out and decide were good where we were for the first time out. Couple old guys not pushing thier limits anymore.

Some small herring and dink perch and smelts. Not alot though.

Red blob comes in view, smacks the small half and half and it,s a nice slob perch. Quick picture and back she went.

All and all, happy to get out, breath some fresh winter air.

Few pics to keep those that have ice o litice.

Tradition, praying to the fish gods. Most times, it works. :whistling:

002f.jpg

001f.jpg

003f.jpg

Listening to some Pink Floyd

006f.jpg

What keeps us going back

005f.jpg

Stay safe out there all.

Chip chip step. :excl::Gonefishing:

Friend was out on Sturgeon last three days. First two days where we normally see perch and he didn't get a single bite. 5-7" of ice in a protected bay.

Yesterday out in front of our place for about an hour, 4-5" of ice, one small walleye in the slot but out of season so back it went, missed one more hit.

Thinking I might head up to Tim Hale's for a week day first week of Feb. and see if the perch are biting.

Great post. I'll be out on Simcoe tomorrow. Looks great out there.

nicely done! I hit the ice for a few hours this morning as well. Guelph Lake has around 7 inches of ice where we were. Caught a pike and a few perch came to visit as well. Kinda slow out there but fun to get out

Is the ice safe on Guelph Lake? I know the park staff say to keep off, but back when they rented huts I was out every year.

You should be smiling B! You have to Lew look :)

nice fish. Dinner?

Not for dinner bud. Was so slow, I knew it would be a solo feed. Not fair to the others that avoided to join her in the frying pan. Next time. :Gonefishing:

BTW, I was smiling.She was a hawg. I was screaming like a school girl. :Gonefishing:

Edited by Brian B

I have to admit. I drooled on my phone a bit when I looked at these pics!!

I'm going to head out next weekend for sure Saturday and Sunday.

Maybe even one morning during the week if I can clear my schedule

I might have to venture up to Simcoe soon.. my spot in Georgian Bay is toast.. this is the first year that I've gotten a ticket for parking at the side of the road.. no signs to indicate no parking. I went to the Township office to pay them and to give them a piece of my mind and to tell them I won't spend another penny in their municipality. The fishing sucked too.. I guess the lake is reserved for those that can afford to live on it...

I might have to venture up to Simcoe soon.. my spot in Georgian Bay is toast.. this is the first year that I've gotten a ticket for parking at the side of the road.. no signs to indicate no parking. I went to the Township office to pay them and to give them a piece of my mind and to tell them I won't spend another penny in their municipality. The fishing sucked too.. I guess the lake is reserved for those that can afford to live on it...

This actually really bothers me. For smaller communities along GB and places further up north, I know for a fact the local businesses appreciate any extra business that comes through. The extra money that comes in from us fishin' folk can really help some of the local stores and businesses get through the down months over the winter.

When I hear of someones car getting tagged like this, especially when there are no signs posted, it tells me that all of that means nothing in relation to the municipality making another $30 off of a ticket.

I don't blame you for not going back. If they are going to bite the hand that feeds them, the results are their own fault.