Goodbye 2015

LostAnotherOne

This year sucked. Sucked big time for me. Tried my hardest, but I have a few things to work on. Went 0/4 on my musky trips in the fall. Last year went 2/2. My highlight was at the beginning of the year on Nipissing with my first ling. Only PB for me. Got a boat so 2016 should pick up. Have a few plans. Some of you guys did well I noticed. Nothing beats catching a beauty and posting it on here for all us to drool all over our keyboard. Well done boys

This year sucked. Only a few days left and I can't wait. All my good years for me are even number years. Come on 16'. It can't be worse. Only caught a dozen Jumbo Perch and lost 2 of my closest and dearest friends to Cancer. Hard to compare a few fish with loosing friends but we are fisherman. Sick actually if you think about it. The lack of fish was the first thing that came to mind!!

Edited by Old Ironmaker

I would say pretty good. Had an 8 musky day once so that's nothing to sneeze at (our goal at the beginning of the season was a 7 musky day so its nice to actually make a goal). The yearly goal of a 50 on a figure 8 still has yet to be achieved though...will inspire me into next season!

Fishing wise glad to see 2015 go. Last winter I had foot problems that limited my time on the ice. Then because of the way the trent severn lowered the water this past winter my usual go to spring crappie and gill spots just didn't produce like normal. Then this warm late fall/winter has produced no ice for me to fish on in December. That has never happened before.

But my son did finally get promoted to a job he deserved and is excelling at, and has finally found a soulmate to share it with who Debbe and I both adore.

Heading into our countdown years for retirement Debbe and I still have jobs we enjoy and people we enjoy working with. And my daughter's family with our 2 grandkids love to spend time with grandma and grandpa as much as anyone else.

So fishing wise I would rate 2015 a 6 out of 10...but the stuff that really matters I would rate a solid 9. So for 2016 a better fishing year would be great...but really I could care less. The stuff that makes me the happiest seems to be rolling along just fine.

Edited by crappieperchhunter

Had a great season. Picked up a new boat and moved into a new house. Spent lots of time exploring lots of new backlakes with great success with lakers, brookies, pike and eyes. Highlight for me was the few weeks of wrestling brookies and lakers on the fly rod in the spring in some amazingly beautiful locations close to home. Also, went on my first ever fly-in thru white river air, which was a very cool experience as well.

But all that pales in comparison to my daughter being born this August. :)

2015 was great! I'm a workaholic, but was forced (laid off) out of work in Fort Mac, so I took advantage of the time off. I was off all of July & August. I had numerous trips up to my fav lakes north of Sudbury, near shining tree. Caught lottsa walleye up there, many shore lunches & the most beautiful scenery to behold. Was able to get on Erie a few times to chase lunker walleye. I did OK but the numbers were down compared to other years. But it's all good - at least I was on the water!! Also our 2nd grandson was born Mar 1 - he's a cutie! Down side was my fav neice was diagnosed with cancer in November. She's in chemo treatments now & everything seems to improve. I'm looking forward to 2016 - gonna ask for a lay off for the summer! Like semi - retirement. I'm not planning any fishing trips with Ironmaker. He's not very good at it? He just likes to get his boat wet! LOL!

"Good bye 2015" and good riddance...I hope the door hits you in the ass on the way out !!!

Too many health issues to list but except for some stubborn chest congestion and a hacking cough I'm a lot better than I was earlier...back sleeping in my own bed instead of being propped up in my recliner...

Fishing was no hell as I am limited to fishing for panfish and the odd bass along the shoreline...nothing the past few weeks so I released the worms I had left in the back yard before the cold weather came...

Almost afraid to look forward to 2016 !!!

Edited by Beans

Fishing wise I give 2015 a B+. Would have liked to have gotten out more but that's always the case.

Didn't get my splake or whitefish through the ice (goals) and not sure I caught a softwater Pike though I'm not sure I was targeting them.

Did get a massive Laker, an American Eel, a Chinook (though a super small one) one nice big largemouth, a bunch of good size bass and saw my girlfriend catch her first Walleye. Pretty good year all in all.

Still can't wait for 2016. Always new challenges to attempt and new goals to conquer.

the year as a whole sucked for me too with only 1 'highlight' (not fishing wise). BUT, SHE went back to him to try and make it work for the kids so back to a bunk year for me...

fishing wise the year was close to an A- as I spent almost every other weekend in the boat with my kids hammering fish.

will 2016 be better? one can hope! 'dare to dream' I say that it will be better...

Edited by GBW

I can't say it's been a horrible yr..as far as fishing it's been pretty great considering I'm learning a new area ..life's moments always seem to throw in the odd roadblock or speed bump ..roll

with the punches and you can generally come out ahead ..that said I'm looking forward to 16 and all it has to offer ..happy new yr to everyone

If you got out GBW with your kids every other weekend you my friend had a better year then most of us. That's the stuff they will remember. Well done

Thanks, that's why I said the year for fishing was an A-. Only cause my 9 year old son spent more time on land than in the boat. My 12 year old daughter and I fished non stop when we could. I'm very proud of both kids but now she doesn't need me to bait a hook or unhook a fish (unless it's got teeth)

Thanks, that's why I said the year for fishing was an A-. Only cause my 9 year old son spent more time on land than in the boat. My 12 year old daughter and I fished non stop when we could. I'm very proud of both kids but now she doesn't need me to bait a hook or unhook a fish (unless it's got teeth)

????

2015 was good and bad, personally I saw some house projects come to fruition as I'd wanted to for some time, didn't get out fishing as much though and would've liked to have gotten out a lot more, but wasn't able to. Working was so so, I should've made probably another 20k because work was so slow prompting me to quit and find a new job (actually doing my orientation today woohoo) so here's to starting off 2016 right!

I'll just say in general that 2015 sucked... as did 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011 and 2009.

The only savours for 2015 was that we managed to get in a 10 day "boys trip" to my camp in Temagami in February (with a week of -40C weather) and the 96 hours of Musky trolling I managed to get in with my good buddies Andy, Terry and Glen in late Fall. Terry and I also managed to get in a 4 day boys trip with Lloyd on the BOQ this Fall, which was good for all of us.

Here's to 2016, it's got to be brighter ! :canadian:

Edited by irishfield

I'll just say in general that 2015 sucked... as did 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011 and 2009.

The only savours for 2015 was that we managed to get in a 10 day "boys trip" to my camp in Temagami in February (with a week of -40C weather) and the 96 hours of Musky trolling I managed to get in with my good buddies Andy, Terry and Glen in late Fall. Terry and I also managed to get in a 4 day boys trip with Lloyd on the BOQ this Fall, which was good for all of us.

Here's to 2016, it's got to be brighter ! :canadian:

I'm with you on this one Wayne, although my woes only go back the past three years 2016 has to get better.

Cheers