Busted

esoxansteel

As many of us have lots of gear, rods reels and tackle etc, I have always done the usual and pile all the 30 plus rods in a corner, and my wife doesnt know whether i have 30, 40 or sold some and have 20 etc, and she really doesnt care as i buy and sell often, but in a hurry one day to make an MCI meeting i mistakingly left the labels and tags on a brand new Musky Innovations Bull Dog Rod, when i got home after this particular meeting my wife asked me if i won anything off the monthly raffle, which i replied no not this time, she says with a bit of womanly sarcasm thats OK i see you bought a new rod anyway, the blue blank and labels were a dead give a way, plus the wraps on the cork. :wallbash:

Im sure many others have a similar story

Could have been a bad rod to have her find like the new StCroix elite series.

I'm lucky I don't think I have to hide my stuff from the wife she knows what a difference it can make for our fishing fun. And she was there when I bought my three StCroix LT's and her 1 no complaints I'm lucky that way.

I have three corners mine at layed up against, plus two closets. If I say I need another,she just walks me to each one and asks whats wrong with this one, or this one or this one. LOL

"cause you can't putt with a driver and drive with a putter.

Leah knew how I spent money when we got married at 18 and 20... nothing has changed in 33 years and she's still here. I'm not changing a thing!

Yep

I don't ask about the shoes and handbags and she doesn't ask me about my gear

I don't spend much money except on fishing gear and fishing trips

Edited by Whopper

I've been reducing the volume of gear I have and increasing the quality...

So to her it looks like less... Lol

In all honesty... I don't really drink... Don't smoke... Don't do drugs... The only thing I spend money on is fishing... So she's ok with it...

Edited by Mike Rousseau

My wife has zero issues with me buying fishing gear.

She hates fishing and hates the outdoors, unless its for foraging.

See the thing is, if im out in the bush, fishing or camping, 90% of the time I have my kids with me. So for her its a well deserved break.

Only time Ive ever got in crap was when I bought gear before I payed bills and came up a lil short. But thats totally understandable.

Even then i dont have much gear. Maybe two grand in tackle, about 14 rods/reels, sonar, and a bunch of ice rods. Its really not that much considering i spent 5-6 years accumulating my gear.

I feel for you guys that have to hide stuff lol. She probably already knows hahaha, women arent stupid

the girl and i argue back and forth but as many mentioned it goes both ways, she has new makeup and facewash and clothes and i have new fishing gear.

I only recently realized that guys always have a hobby, it was my car, and now its fishing, either way you gotta spend a little dough on yourself sometimes. Otherwise why in the hell do you bother working!