Little Vermilion Lake Sportsman Lodge

Whopper

Johnson Silver Minnow that is. :lol:

imagejpg3_zpsbff9c4f7.jpg

A little bigger

imagejpg2_zps5e972504.jpg

A lot bigger

imagejpg1_zps50f62835.jpg

The fish above were all caught on a silver Johnson Silver Minnow with a four inch pearl white twister tail. These and many others were caught on 6/2/14.

My boat partner and private photographer was the famous "TennesseeGuy" Connie Inman.

100_3521_zps33d64f34.jpg

The fishing was great. The fresh walleye dinners were fantastic.

Spending a week in NWO is priceless.

Cheers

Talk about a masterful day of Esox slayin! I also love the Johnson Silver Minnow with the 4" white twister.

Congrats to you and Tennessee Guy for a successful trip! :clapping:

If it wasn't for TG I don't know if I would have ever experienced our location

Fantastic esox there, Phil. I'd sacrifice a body part or two the spend a day on the water with Connie. Thanks so much for sharing.

Roy a day spent with Connie is a day well spent, I've had the pleasure of getting my share. Funny thing is he hasn't run me off either :lol:

BillM, no measurements. Fish were out of the water for only a few seconds. Big net, but no cradle which would have allowed for checking length. Most of our fish were released without being netted. Many were unhooked in the net and swam away when the net was pulled away from them. All of our pike were caught on single hooks (jigs and JSM). I tried Suicks, but pike weren't eating Suicks that week.

For the 3 photos the fish were unhooked in the net, taken out of the water about 20 seconds for a photo and then back to the net to be sure they were fully recovered before pulling the net from under them.

Nothing touched our fish except for wet hands.

Over the years I've seen several silver pike, but Phil's is probably the largest I've seen. She didn't have any holes in her mouth from previous hooks.

We managed to bring in several nice pike every day.

I'm missing NW Ontario. Will probably be back up there next month.