almost as good as fresh caught, fried walleye.

limeyangler

Reminds me of an old deli lunch counter I used to visit on the Spadina some decades back. Huge mountain of shaved cornbeef and swiss piled on an oversized egg bun slathered with mayo and a side of 2 giant kosher dills straight from the barrel. It was a meal for 2 grown men.

I'll be there in 20 minutes Simon. Don't butter the bun on me though. It would make it too heavy for my tummy :P

Reminds me of an old deli lunch counter I used to visit on the Spadina some decades back. Huge mountain of shaved cornbeef and swiss piled on an oversized egg bun slathered with mayo and a side of 2 giant kosher dills straight from the barrel. It was a meal for 2 grown men.

Similar story Bruce. Old deli right across from my bank. You know back in the day when you had to go to the bank with your pay cheque to get money :whistling: The best Reuben sandwiches ever with a ton of sauerkraut and pickles on the side. I never did any banking EVER without a deli stop.

Yep, definitely over-cooked, but that sure does make me drool................and I just finished a fine meal of venison top round roast done in the slow cooker with BBQ sauce and wine (and spices of course), cut thin and served on a bed of Basmati Rice. Wonder if I still have some of Krug of Tavistock's Smoked Side Bacon....................

Doug