Lindners Angling Edge - questions Evolution

farsider

Guess ill weigh in here.

I believe in God.......but in my own little vacuum lol

I dont belong to any church, or consider myself a part of any denomination. I dont find myself in any steepled buildings on sundays. Ive never read the bible. I know but a few prayers. Ive never preached to someone or even talked to someone about what i believe. I just DO. In my mind, i truly believe theres something/someone higher than us. Same as i believe space is never ending, and time is absolutely eternal. (which is a whole other topic that messes up my brain completely when i sit and think about it)

Theres also a small part of me that wonders if, whatever you believe happens to you in the afterlife, is what happens to you.

This topic is way too deep for a thursday afternoon

Guess ill weigh in here.

I believe in God.......but in my own little vacuum lol

I dont belong to any church, or consider myself a part of any denomination. I dont find myself in any steepled buildings on sundays. Ive never read the bible. I know but a few prayers. Ive never preached to someone or even talked to someone about what i believe. I just DO. In my mind, i truly believe theres something/someone higher than us. Same as i believe space is never ending, and time is absolutely eternal. (which is a whole other topic that messes up my brain completely when i sit and think about it)

Theres also a small part of me that wonders if, whatever you believe happens to you in the afterlife, is what happens to you.

This topic is way too deep for a thursday afternoon

That's the kind of God/belief system I can respect!

I believe in nature and the systems that operate/control it and that they control us too. There might be a God, but I think that any God is way beyond our capacity to ever define or comprehend.

This is deep for OFC! haha.

oh, and I also like Bill's god. hahaha. In trout we trust.

• 2 weeks later...

have you read the bible, cover to cover? it is not a book about love IMO, it's a book about control

most Christians have not even read the bible, which I find truly mind blowing, believing in something they've never read...blind faith

I grew up in a Christian household, by grade 7 I had read enough to make my own decision and I do NOT believe....I've lost friends I grew up with because I don't believe, never had an argument or threw insults at each other, but because I don't believe, I'm going to hell, and they don't want my devil influences in their life

when my grandfather passed away, it took my grandmother 7 yrs before she met another man...after less than 1 month of both of them attending our Baptist church together, they were asked not to return unless they planned on having the pastor marry them

I believe in faith and spirituality, but not religion...religion is written by man, to control man...nothing more and nothing less

Yes. Cover to cover. Multiple times. And I still study it regularly. Have you?

If you want to know more .... shoot me a PM. I'd be happy to discuss it more there or answer any questions you have about the Bible.

I have a very good friend/suppler. He is a Rabi, and very easy to talk to about any subject. One day, he called just to say hi, and the conversation turned to religion. I asked him bluntly, if he thought his religion and the traditions of Judaism were any better or worse than other religions.

He said to me, without hesitation "Paul, I never judge others for their beliefs. I can't be 100% sure thiers is the wrong way of thinking, if I'm not 100% sure mine is the right way. I'd hate to die and find myself in front of a god that I had discounted all my life"

Amen to that. :angel:

I have a very good friend/suppler. He is a Rabi, and very easy to talk to about any subject. One day, he called just to say hi, and the conversation turned to religion. I asked him bluntly, if he thought his religion and the traditions of Judaism were any better or worse than other religions.

He said to me, without hesitation "Paul, I never judge others for their beliefs. I can't be 100% sure thiers is the wrong way of thinking, if I'm not 100% sure mine is the right way. I'd hate to die and find myself in front of a god that I had discounted all my life"

Amen to that. :angel:

That's called hedging your bets! Like guessing on the stock market, except you're not investing money (well you are to some degree!) but time.

What ever works for you I guess!

HH

Edited by Headhunter