Lindners Angling Edge - questions Evolution

farsider

Pascal's Wager goes that if a Christian is right the atheist looses everything, if the atheist is right the Christian looses nothing, but I argue that isn't the whole story, the Christian in a real Christian community (less and less of them) gains friends of every colour close as brothers/sisters (often closer), a peace the world cannot comprehend, a purpose to help those in need (our church helps with many projects like scholarships, food banks, clothing drives....) and a life often so changed (listen to any ex-drug user/drunk...) he ends up winning even if the athiest is right.

Bye de bye... Shaloam

oh, i once lived a less than positive lifestyle.

growing up taught me it wasn't going to work.

some folks need help with finding the strength to overcome an obstacle. I didn't require that assistance, but many do. Those that do, all the power to them!

if believing in "god" helps them out in their real life - good for them! In the end if you're doing better than you were, I'm not going to question the assistance used to get there.

Hmmm.....

No He would simply create the hotspot on the other side of the boat, and have a fish dinner already prepared when you arrive on shore.

21 Afterward Jesus appeared again to his disciples, by the Sea of Galilee.[a] It happened this way: 2 Simon Peter, Thomas (also known as Didymus[b]), Nathanael from Cana in Galilee, the sons of Zebedee, and two other disciples were together. 3 “I’m going out to fish,” Simon Peter told them, and they said, “We’ll go with you.” So they went out and got into the boat, but that night they caught nothing.

4 Early in the morning, Jesus stood on the shore, but the disciples did not realize that it was Jesus.

5 He called out to them, “Friends, haven’t you any fish?”

“No,” they answered.

6 He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

7 Then the disciple whom Jesus loved said to Peter, “It is the Lord!” As soon as Simon Peter heard him say, “It is the Lord,” he wrapped his outer garment around him (for he had taken it off) and jumped into the water. 8 The other disciples followed in the boat, towing the net full of fish, for they were not far from shore, about a hundred yards.[c]9 When they landed, they saw a fire of burning coals there with fish on it, and some bread.

10 Jesus said to them, “Bring some of the fish you have just caught.” 11 So Simon Peter climbed back into the boat and dragged the net ashore. It was full of large fish, but even with so many the net was not torn. 12 Jesus said to them, “Come and have breakfast.” None of the disciples dared ask him, “Who are you?” They knew it was the Lord.13 Jesus came, took the bread and gave it to them, and did the same with the fish. 14 This was now the third time Jesus appeared to his disciples after he was raised from the dead.

His comments were, well...pretty outlandish and frankly had some pretty hateful undertones.

I don't have much else to contribute other than pointing the finger towards any group as being 'more insulting' as a whole than the next is ridiculous and accomplishes nothing. If you have found your faith within the realm of science (as many have) and beyond an ancient textbook, then good for you!

But I find it truly confusing that people can liken suscribing to the works of Darwin as an 'act of faith' no different than creationism. Not sure I'll ever understand...

Here's a sure-fire, field tested, method of getting rid of 'witnesses'

When they knock on the door

1. Say "We're busy now, could you come back later. They will, of course, ask "When is a good time?"
  2. You answer this question with another question: "Do you believe in the afterlife?", to which they will surely say "Yes"
  3. Your response: "Well, come back then"

100% guaranteed method!! :good:

I don't really have an opinion on the whole evolution vs creationism. What does bother me is people using mainstream TV to push their own religious beliefs. Whether it be Lindner or Phil Robertson.

Religion should never be used to promote hate. That is disgusting.

Edited by Dutch

No He would simply create the hotspot on the other side of the boat, and have a fish dinner already prepared when you arrive on shore.

21 Afterward Jesus appeared again to his disciples, by the Sea of Galilee.[a] It happened this way: 2 Simon Peter, Thomas (also known as Didymus[b]), Nathanael from Cana in Galilee, the sons of Zebedee, and two other disciples were together. 3 “I’m going out to fish,” Simon Peter told them, and they said, “We’ll go with you.” So they went out and got into the boat, but that night they caught nothing.

4 Early in the morning, Jesus stood on the shore, but the disciples did not realize that it was Jesus.

5 He called out to them, “Friends, haven’t you any fish?”

“No,” they answered.

6 He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

That's because he had a fish finder.