Karma... it is a three way street correct?

irishfield

That is very impressive. Someone with every excuse in the world to mope around and be bitter but instead is crushing barriers with a cautious smile. That is courage and strength.

Edit:spelling

Edited by Grimace

Most inspiring and motivating thing I have seen in a long time! Keep playing hard Jen!

X2

Looks like she'll be doing that one as well Albert!!! Sinai Sarcoma has asked her to be their motivational speaker!

Just speechless Wayne, words cannot even begin to express how we are all feeling about Jen's progress. Small steps for Jen, giant leaps in the hearts of many. I'm very touched that you have allowed us to be apart of this incredible journey. Thanks for sharing this with us Wayne. Keep on rambling!! :good:

This morning she has progressed to using crutches!! and finds them easier than the walker. Suspect she'll switch back and forth to both modes of transportation. Walker = Sore arms... Crutches = sore arm pits.

Gets her last antibotic bag today at 2pm and then the IV to her port will be removed. They were talking Friday discharge but she stalled that by stating she's planned a birthday party for her bf in the floor lounge for Saturday. Looks like she's gonna be going home Sunday to the amazement of those signing the requisitions!

Edited by irishfield

This morning she has progressed to using crutches!! and finds them easier than the walker. Suspect she'll switch back and forth to both modes of transportation. Walker = Sore arms... Crutches = sore arm pits.

Gets her last antibotic bag today at 2pm and then the IV to her port will be removed. They were talking Friday discharge but she stalled that by stating she's planned a birthday party for her bf in the floor lounge for Saturday. Looks like she's gonna be going home Sunday to the amazement of those signing the requisitions!

That is a small price to pay (pain) for all her successes. My guess is they probably thought she would use a wheelchair to begin.

That is a small price to pay (pain) for all her successes. My guess is they probably thought she would use a wheelchair to begin.

It was expected that she'd use a wheel chair for the first 3 months. Probably will somewhat around the house for awhile. She'll be going home with us so she can roam the first floor and will take over our bedroom and we'll go upstairs and use hers.

I am blown away by that...

and a tear did come to my eye.....I had a hard time getting my brain around the idea she would walk again..but to see it and so soon after the operation is amazing...that is one hell of an amazing young lady you got there

Sinai Sarcoma has asked her to be their motivational speaker!

And so they should!

I'm going to show the videos to my kids when I get home just to teach them no matter how hard it is to overcome something it can be done. THANKS JENN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (insert hero icon here)

Surgeon just left.. the 100% cancer free statement the Oncologist made on Monday night wasn't just a feel good blurb, the pathologist cut the removed bone in slices/squares/slides and everything they put under the microscope is dead. Generally they are shooting for above 80% dead being satisfactory, 90% is great, 100% is never heard of !

Discharging Sunday and to save her a trip back to the city they are also going to remove her 100+ staples before she goes. Also okayed for Beerfest with her girlfriends if she uses a wheel chair... she's happy as a fat kid in a smarty factory !

Absolutely fantastic news Wayne ... I can't tell you how thrilled I am at the progress and wonderful news. .. it has been a very long hard road for you and for Jenn and there is plenty of road ahead, but I know you are already the stronger and the richer for it. May god's blessings be on all of you !

Edited by camillj

Wheeled her over to Toronto General for food court supper at Hero Burger tonight. Then one of her Chemo unit nurses brought her in a celebration cake tonight :clapping: that she was to share with another lad 3 doors down on the floor. So I carried the cake and Jen crutched her way over to his room. One tired cookie... she'll sleep well tonight. Learns stairs tomorrow... :o

Edited by irishfield

No big problems with a simulated 2 step stair case today and going to try a full stair case tomorrow to see if she's able to do our 17 steps at home. Walked the length of the 11th floor on crutches. Surgeon is speechless! In and out of bed/chair/bathroom on her own, only hurdle right now is she can't roll over without that mechanical connection to her leg. Someone has to hold it. Tomorrow she's gonna try a velcro style strap that will lash one leg to the other to see if she can roll. Glad now that I didn't jump the gun and buy that stair lift I had scouted on kijji

She used it right after I got back from begging for change Geoff !! Seems to work pretty good, a bit close when she throws the disconnected leg forward and she was going to discuss it with the physiotherapist but forgot today. I think it will work great and the seat is a big ++ when she gets tired. THANKS again for your generosity and passing on some of your grandmothers legacy!