Thanks for some great fishing memories Mother

irishfield

mom2.jpg

mom1.jpg

mom3.jpg

Some happy shots taken on July 8th, 3 hours before I had to tell her that her daughter was dead.

Saturday morning my Mother's aortic aneurysm blew in her sleep. We knew it was a ticking time bomb... but the last months turmoil sure helped take it's toll. I have peace with the fact that I flew down to Smiths Falls and saw her in good spirits on Friday, for about 4 hours, before skirting weather back to the lake just shy of darkness.

I'll miss you Mom and I'm sure I glad that you caught your first Lake Trout (that was bigger than Linda's ! lol)

Wayne

Visitation for Dorothy O'Shea Welz - Friday Aug 28th, 2-4 and 7-9pm at Lannin's Funeral Home, Main St. Smiths Falls, Ontario

Funeral Saturday Aug 29th, 2PM, at Westminster Presbyterian Church, 11 Church St W, Smiths Falls, Ontario

In lieu of flowers donations to the Trinity United Church Restoration Fund, the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of Canada, the Canadian Cancer Society or the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada would be greatly appeciated by the family.

On-line condolences available at http://lannin.ca/

Edited by irishfield

My deepest, deepest condolences to you and Leah Wayne. I remember reading your posts about getting your mom out fishing with the family. As I just lost my Mom Dec. 30th, 2008, I can sympathize. Cherish all the time you had with her.

MOM'S ARE THE BEST, and they will truly be missed. They leave a hole in our lives that cannot be refilled.

Wayne, I have missed your posts all summer.

I am sorry to hear of your mother as I was your sister.

There are many of us that are approaching that time in our life where we have to start saying goodbye to folks.

Think nice thoughts.

Jim