Jump to content

muskybw

i never see any big pike pics on here ?

Recommended Posts

We went to Big Gull lake near Northbrook Ont. in Sept. I couldn't  believe how small they were. 12 or 14 inches long. A guy was telling us about the one that got away and he said you won't believe this but I bet that pike was 2 feet long.  I haven't been there since 2006 and the fishing was getting bad then I thought but man I couldn't believe it. The lake is as beautiful as it ever was but the fishing pressure must be relentless. Big boats every where and blast by you at full tilt 20 yards away. How far north or west do you have to go these days to get into fishing like it was 30 or 40 years ago.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WOW, there's some Lunker's in those PICS ! BIG FISH, thanks for the post ! never caught a big one, love the photos ! BillM, SirCranksalot, irishfield, DRIFTER_016, chris.brock, PUMP KNOWS, Moosebunk, Lew !  you have caught ABSOLUTE GATORS, only in my dream, GREAT PICS !

-

Edited by muskybw
needed 2 finish my thought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tennessee Guy used to  post them all the time, some huge pike, but like some us age has idercaught up with us? We never considered a pike good sized until it hit the 40 inch mark, but fishing pressure has had an effect too?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, OhioFisherman said:

 We never considered a pike good sized until it hit the 40 inch mark

Still that way where I fish.

Under 40" MEH.

Over 40" :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, OhioFisherman said:

Tennessee Guy used to  post them all the time, some huge pike, but like some us age has idercaught up with us? We never considered a pike good sized until it hit the 40 inch mark, but fishing pressure has had an effect too?

Still fishing NW Ontario 16 - 23 days a year, every year.   Still catching my share of nice pike, but have shut down on taking photos.   They are unhooked while in my huge Frabil net, net is lowered and pike smiles as she swims slowly away.   No out of water pictures, but a couple of short movies of the release,  using polarized lens as fish swims.   

Fortunately I haven't aged a bit.   God and medical professionals are punishing me by having me live too long.

 

Edited by TennesseeGuy
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Id imagine people don't like sharing spots anymore. To many people lurk forums that aren't members and then just go to these spots were they see fish. So if someone posts big pike in lake x. Guess what lake will have 100x more people at it. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, TennesseeGuy said:

Still fishing NW Ontario 16 - 23 days a year, every year.   Still catching my share of nice pike, but have shut down on taking photos.   They are unhooked while in my huge Frabil net, net is lowered and pike smiles as she swims slowly away.   No out of water pictures, but a couple of short movies of the release,  using polarized lens as fish swims.   

Fortunately I haven't aged a bit.   God and medical professionals are punishing me by having me live too long.

 

Glad to hear you are still going strong Connie! Keep at it!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is about as big as I have caught. I'd like to have a better pic but when I tried to hold it up it jumped out of the canoe ---T'was a big laugh.The story was better than a pic! No steel leader---per MNR there were no  pike listed for that lake!😃

IMG_20180608_102144.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunate that after over an hour of revival attempt it died. Cost me a grand to have taxiderm'd for her.

Summer2012 181.JPG

Summer2012 191.JPG

Summer2012 197.JPG

Summer2012 213.JPG

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tjames09 said:

Id imagine people don't like sharing spots anymore. To many people lurk forums that aren't members and then just go to these spots were they see fish. So if someone posts big pike in lake x. Guess what lake will have 100x more people at it. 

Would love  to see  proof of this.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i never see any big pike pics on here ?

 

Well there ya go,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,😎

 

Nice gators all.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This guy was tiny but check out the size of the lure he attacked, just shows how aggressive these guys really are.

I just had to take the little guys picture because of his gutsy attitude LOL

022.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My 6 year old caught this in the spring! 

 

I think I posted a report about the trip..  Can't remember. 

 

20190608_171825.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

looking back im on a bit of a drought for a monster. I personally havent caught one over 40 in a while. Might need to start chasing them a bit more frequently again!

13-taro-trip.jpg

5-decen-pike.jpg

15_dawns_pike.jpg

42_jakes_swimbait_pike.jpg

dads_big_pike.jpg

old_stinker.jpg

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/3/2019 at 12:18 PM, irishfield said:

Unfortunate that after over an hour of revival attempt it died. Cost me a grand to have taxiderm'd for her.

Summer2012 181.JPG

Summer2012 191.JPG

Summer2012 197.JPG

Summer2012 213.JPG

Nice fish! I should get back into taxidermy if that's what people are willing to pay now. It must have made a beautiful mount.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Similar Topics

    • Pike guide

      Hope everyone had good luck this summer with lots of memories to keep you going over the winter. I had a decent summer and my regular Bass lakes produced some nice fish. I took my kids for some panfish and they were pretty excited to see a small pike in the water. I've never targeted pike but now thinking about spending a day out with a guide to go after a few. I did a quick google search but I don't come up with much. Appreciate any recommendations for a guide in Ontario, within 3-4hrs of Toron

      in General Discussion

    • Maui Jim polarized glasses -Big wave (MJ440-2M) $200

      View Advert Maui Jim polarized glasses -Big wave (MJ440-2M) $200 For sale  New Maui Jim polarized sun glasses (I wore them for 5 min inside the house, never been outside).  grey lense with black strip.  light weight.    model - big wave  these are WIDE glasses that fit people with large heads.  Price $200 or trade for left handed bait caster  reel (shimano or daiwa)     willing to meet in Durham region. Prefer not to ship.  Am

      in Fishing Tackle and Equipment

    • Big Catfish with Jay Siemens and Paul Castellano

      Vlog of our Channel Catfish Day! https://youtu.be/cLM3WAWP638  

      in Fishing News

    • Fishing shirts and a big net

      Y View Advert Fishing shirts and a big net   Four fishing shirts - all worn once on a trip and now just taking up space. They're Bass Pros Worldwide Sportsman brand, three in size Large and teh blue one bottom right is a Medium but fits the same as the others. I'm a large in "street" clothes and they fit me nicely so they're true to size $10 each or take them all for $30 These are the closest i c

      in Fishing Tackle and Equipment

    • Any charters for Balsam/Cameron?

      A friend was looking for a charter the end of Sept for Balsam/Cameron, any suggestions? Thx ahead.

      in General Discussion

×
×
  • Create New...