Winter tires off?

Rizzo

I have a couple days off work....strongly considering swapping out the tires on both vehicles in the next day or two. Anyone else thinking of making the change early or am I alone in considering doing this? The 2 week forecast was all above zero (and many days above 7)

I have a couple days off work....strongly considering swapping out the tires on both vehicles in the next day or two. Anyone else thinking of making the change early or am I alone in considering doing this? The 2 week forecast was all above zero (and many days above 7)

I am considering as well but knowing how inconsistent the weather is, I would not be surprised be if we get another dumping of snow in the first week of April :dunno: .

I have a veggie garden here in Courtice that I try to get into as early as possible. I could have tilled it this weekend if I wasn't so busy. Most years I have stuff planted in March.

Where I'm going with this is almost every year we seem to get one last substantial dumping of snow towards the end of March. It used to drive me crazy because I'd be all worried if my early planted stuff would survive....but it always has so I don't worry anymore. But for this reason alone I will leave my snows on until April.

Edited by crappieperchhunter

My insurance company wants me to keep them on till may, I getting a huge $4.12 discount a month for having them on. But I don't think they will see April. Not gonna burn up my new snows for $4 a month

I am with Belair Direct and they require winter tires for the discount from Dec 15 to march 15. Pretty good policy for winters like the one we just had.

Edited by huzzsaba

its just that last fall I finally got a proper jack, and yesterday I finally bought an impact gun,,,no more stomping on the tire iron and using the crappy jack in the trunk for me. I am actually looking forward to changing them. Gonna be a breeze this time. Used to take me an hour per car, now I bet both are done in an hour.

I wouldn't. Better to be safe than sorry.

its just that last fall I finally got a proper jack, and yesterday I finally bought an impact gun,,,no more stomping on the tire iron and using the crappy jack in the trunk for me. I am actually looking forward to changing them. Gonna be a breeze this time. Used to take me an hour per car, now I bet both are done in an hour.

now u just need a torque wrench