Movie Theatre- Did you know..... NF

captpierre

We head to the movies at least twice a month, but hate paying for prices of these 3D movies. Always try to avoid paying the extra cost. I don't mind paying extra at the movies that would be cool to see 3D like Star Wars, but there are some movies that have no business being 3D and we have to pay the extra price cause that's all there is available.

If someone is a movie buff the Scotia Bank Scene card is the way to go. Bring an extra 50 to buy a pail of Pop Corn and a barrel of Soda Pop. We have stored many free movies on the cards but very few movies now that we are interesting enough to eat all that Styrofoam. The last we saw was the Whitey Bolger(sic) story. I can say Johnny Depp looked like him. The latest flop from Tinsle Town. I do not enjoy paying 3 bucks to take out any amount of money, I think the worst hit was 10 bucks at a Miami Mariot's bank machine years ago. So what exactly is free, nada.

Star Wars is big this week. I remember seeing a trailer on screen n 76 or 77 and saying

"I gotta see that, that's no run of the mill special effects honey. Let's get to the Disco."

Edited by Old Ironmaker

If someone is a movie buff the Scotia Bank Scene card is the way to go. Bring an extra 50 to buy a pail of Pop Corn and a barrel of Soda Pop. We have stored many free movies on the cards but very few movies now that we are interesting enough to eat all that Styrofoam. The last we saw was the Whitey Bolger(sic) story. I can say Johnny Depp looked like him. The latest flop from Tinsle Town. I do not enjoy paying 3 bucks to take out any amount of money, I think the worst hit was 10 bucks at a Miami Mariot's bank machine years ago. So what exactly is free, nada.

Star Wars is big this week. I remember seeing a trailer on screen n 76 or 77 and saying

"I gotta see that, that's no run of the mill special effects honey. Let's get to the Disco."

100% yea. even the snacks are free for like 1500 points

Last time I was ever in a movie theater was to see "Close encounters of a 3rd kind" waaaaay back in '77

I just don't have the patience to sit in a seat for 2 hours LOL

have you beat by Afew years Lew, worked inantheather as a kid in the 60s and got sick of them! haven't been since.

Edited by ketchenany

Last time I was ever in a movie theater was to see "Close encounters of a 3rd kind" waaaaay back in '77

I just don't have the patience to sit in a seat for 2 hours LOL

Well you beat me, last time I went with the boys was Kindergarden Cop around 1993. I like my recliner better too.

If anyone here knows what it means to maintain a ratio on a private torrent tracker PM me and I'll see if I can score you an invite to mine.

All scene releases, probably the best site on the net, but you have to maintain a minimum 1:1 radio or you get banned, and I get banned for inviting you.

Just heard on BNN.

Interview of CEO of Cineplex

About 1/2 of ticket price goes to cinema. The other half to movie studio. ie. Sony, Disney etc.

Your figures are nowhere even close.

Years back when I worked at a movie theater IIRC it was 90% to the movie studio for the first 2 weeks. Each 2 weeks after the first it dropped by 5%.

This explains 2 things.

1. Cost of pop, chocolates & popcorn.

2. The reason the big theaters have disapeared for the multiplexes with much small individual showing rooms. With these smaller rooms the theaters can keep the movie much longer increasing their % of the boxoffice they keep.

Today the modern theaters in no way have the same atmosphere.

My first night I worked at the theater was opening night for the first Rocky movie.

Theater held just under 700 & was filled.

Also worked the oridginal Star Wars.

Our once a year midnight showing of The Rocky Horror Picture Show was a wild night.

Edited by Woodsman

Years back when I worked at a movie theater IIRC it was 90% to the movie studio for the first 2 weeks. Each 2 weeks after the first it dropped by 5%.

This explains 2 things.

2. The reason the big theaters have disapeared for the multiplexes with much small individual showing rooms. With these smaller rooms the theaters can keep the movie much longer increasing their % of the boxoffice they keep.

My first night I worked at the theater was opening night for the first Rocky movie.

Our once a year midnight showing of The Rocky Horror Picture Show was a wild night.

So, the CEO of Cineplex is lying on BNN.

Business News Network.

Based on you working in a theatre "years back"

what the hell

This explains 2 things.

So, the CEO of Cineplex is lying on BNN.

Business News Network.

Based on you working in a theatre "years back"

what the hell

The Kinmount Theater is a nice night out. It's pretty unique, like an old museum set in pine trees and reasonably price tickets too.

Used to go to the theatre in Minden. My buddy Steve was the projectionist working there and in Haliburton from the 80's well into the 9-0's. It was a nice, quaint, older theatre that wasn't too big or noisy.