Movie Theatre- Did you know..... NF

captpierre

Used to go to the theatre in Minden. My buddy Steve was the projectionist working there and in Haliburton from the 80's well into the 9-0's. It was a nice, quaint, older theatre that wasn't too big or noisy.

Funny you mention this, now that Star Wars is coming back out.

I remember my friends Dad driving us kids home from the Beaver Theater in Minden after seeing the original Star Wars, the on coming headlights were X Winged Fighters.

Not Steve Cius?

Edited by chris.brock

2. The reason the big theaters have disapeared for the multiplexes with much small individual showing rooms. With these smaller rooms the theaters can keep the movie much longer increasing their % of the boxoffice they keep.

When was the last time you were at a movie theatre? Those small screen multiplexes have since been replaced by larger screens with better seating, etc.

My wife and I always enjoyed the old drive-ins years ago.

We used to often go to the NorthEast on Sheppard west of Victoria Park. It was basically out in the country back then but now it's long gone and it's all highrises.

Scarboro Drive-In on Kennedy was another popular place back in the day and the the other one we went to alot was the TP out in Bay Ridges.

Maybe it's just me, but things were better back then....or maybe I'm just getting old(er) :lol:

What was the name of the drive in north of keele way back when? If was near a dirt race track. I was probly 6-7 then,. Remember going to both. Pop use to make big paper bags of popcorn and lots of butter,and big bottles of coke. I think he had his own bevey in the back of the dart. :whistling:

Were you talking about the old Pinecrest Speedway on Hwy 7??? Close to there beside the 400 was the "400" drive-in. Went there several times in the early 70's with the step father.

BINGO Thanks Bruce.

Edited by Brian B

The Kinmount Theater is a nice night out. It's pretty unique, like an old museum set in pine trees and reasonably price tickets too.

X2. Make it a point of trying to catch a movie there every summer just for the experience of going through the place. When Debbe's mom passed away we found some cool older stuff that she had saved...magazines newspapers and the like. Gave a few things to Keith for his show cases in the halls. He was very happy and gave us some free passes for that summer.

Not a movie goer at all but I make an exception for Keith's Highland Cinemas in Kinmount. If you are a movie buff at all or appreciate any collection of older things this is worth a visit. Pretty much the whole theatre..5 actual theatres... are furnished with seating and decor from old torn down movie houses. The halls between the theatres are lined with old projection equipment and movie posters, many with little descriptions of the age of the stuff and where it came from. Show cases of magazines books and anything popular from bygone years. Love the place.

Edited by crappieperchhunter

Keith's Highland Cinemas in Kinmount.

We travel through Kinmount several times a year and always thought that was an old drive-in theater up there in the woods. Never really payed much attention to it but good to hear it's such a nice old place.

We travel through Kinmount several times a year and always thought that was an old drive-in theater up there in the woods. Never really payed much attention to it but good to hear it's such a nice old place.

It really is worth a stop if your interested in seeing old Movie stuff and anything period wise Lew. You don't even have to see a movie. You can pay less for the museum rate and just wander around the halls and check all the old stuff out. He really has put an effort into making it interesting.

I saw Star Wars last night... Loved it.. but yah 18.50 per ticket. yeouch

It that what the charge is now.........we haven't had to pay to see a movie in over 15 years. Just gotta know the right people at the theater.....only thing we have to go to the matinee's only.......but we have seen hundreds of free movies over the years. Love the BIG SCREEN to watch movies.........

It really is worth a stop if your interested in seeing old Movie stuff and anything period wise Lew. You don't even have to see a movie. You can pay less for the museum rate and just wander around the halls and check all the old stuff out. He really has put an effort into making it interesting.

Sounds like a very interesting place Steve, but anytime I'm passing through there I'm pulling the boat so it'd be a bit tough to get in but it's nice to know there's places like that still around.

Lindsay still has a drive-in for those wondering where to find one. I haven't been to a movie in ages! I think the last I watched was Bee Movie with my kids.

As for the android tv box's, I have 2 and use them only for movies. You don't need the box if willing to run the (free) kodi software on a pc or mac. To not totally hijack the topic pm me for info if you are wanting to learn how to and what to do (FREE)