Has she got her heart set on destroying this province?

Big Cliff

She will remove herself from politics and get her UNTOUCHABLE GOLD PLATED PENSION

for life.

She would shiver if she had ever worked at Stelco, Pensions there are in jeopardy..

Politicians are lying about any topic, because their lips are moving...

I do not know how she, and the rest of them, sleep at night..

In my opinion..

She will remove herself from politics and get her UNTOUCHABLE GOLD PLATED PENSION

for life.

She would shiver if she had ever worked at Stelco, Pensions there are in jeopardy..

Politicians are lying about any topic, because their lips are moving...

I do not know how she, and the rest of them, sleep at night..

In my opinion..

X2

I've said it before, the end is coming.

We are in big trouble.

The top 3 are grand standing and lying through their teeth.

Your going to vote for who's going to screw you.

I'm not going to vote for them, but they say I must vote.

I have 4 left???

Edited by Fish Farmer

Let's take an op ed at face value and assume everything written there is not opinion but fact.

ka ching. Really low browing your voter base, right Stephen? This is our Prime Minister, using sound effects to try and sway votes. Leave it to the hack morning radio hosts.

FYI - the last Ontario election I voted Green. Couldn't bring myself to vote for any of the top 3. Would have rather voted libertarian or communist but the option wasn't there.

Edited by netminder

Don't you remember Hudak? That's why!

Hudak told the truth about what needed to be done, Wynne did exactly what Hudak said needed to be done, I take the truth over lies anyday but thats just me! That is what killed him! The truth doesn't work in politics!

Edited by Thrilla

Hudak told the truth about what needed to be done, Wynne did exactly what Hudak said needed to be done, I take the truth over lies anyday but thats just me! That is what killed him! The truth doesn't work in politics!

Same with Mike Harris , people didn't really think he was going to do what he said he would, he surprised them. I had hoped when he stepped down mid 2nd term and Ernie Eves took over meant he was going to take a run at Federal Conservative Leader, wish he had.

Seen on TV news this morning that if Justin gets in SHE WILL DROP HER PLAN FOR THE NEW PENSION when was she allowed to get involved in trying to sway voted :wallbash::devil:

I can't understand this. Uncle Katy decided that Harper wasn't taking good enough care of Canadians and specifically Ontarians, so She was going to create an Ontario Pension Plan. That was being sold as long term thinking to the betterment of Ontario's people. How can we take her at her word in the future, if she can't decide what she is going to do. She's left businesses, planning for the future, uncertain about projected costs of doing business. Business doesn't like uncertainty.

She has the forethought of a shad fly.

HH

No one is ruining this province yet. Take your pic for future provincially. NDP- Andrea Horvath, Liberal- Wynne, PC- that scary Patrick Brown. This site was better a decade ago when people talked about fishing and shared fish trip pictorials. Fishing related things consumed 80 percent of the board back in good ol' days.

I can't understand this. Uncle Katy decided that Harper wasn't taking good enough care of Canadians and specifically Ontarians, so She was going to create an Ontario Pension Plan. That was being sold as long term thinking to the betterment of Ontario's people. How can we take her at her word in the future, if she can't decide what she is going to do. She's left businesses, planning for the future, uncertain about projected costs of doing business. Business doesn't like uncertainty.

She has the forethought of a shad fly.

HH

If Trudeau gets in, the ORPP is kind of a moot point because Trudeau wants to increase the CPP contributions by 1.9% I believe is the number

No one is ruining this province yet. Take your pic for future provincially. NDP- Andrea Horvath, Liberal- Wynne, PC- that scary Patrick Brown. This site was better a decade ago when people talked about fishing and shared fish trip pictorials. Fishing related things consumed 80 percent of the board back in good ol' days.

Boy if you think that our future government isn't going to affect fishing you better think again! Job losses, higher taxes, lower wages, more regulations, higher license costs...... they all have an affect!

There are sites that don't allow a variety of posts and topics but the reason this site is so popular is we can and do cover so much more!

Ya back when people could afford to go fishing.

Ya back a decade ago before Harper's conservative government. Remember he has been in power all this time. Thus, all the wage cuts, jobs sent to Mexico, etc, etc....haha

Conservative government benefits the top 1% like the druggy Ford family and the rest of rich who like partying while rest of us lose.

Wish i wasn't disabled or i would still be fishing, its not that expensive.

I'm in the 4th quarter in my life. At this point I always thought I would feel like I'm up by 3 touchdowns, but I'm behind by 24 points and it is very disheartening because I'm losing. I went to bed last Thursday and woke up to find I no longer will have the medical benefits I earned during the 30 years working at the former Stelco. Also January 1st my gross pension will be reduced by 15%. All I have to do is look down at my right leg and see the scars from 2nd and 3rd degree burns that was the result of being splashed by 2700 F hot metal, my left leg has the burn scars from when my pants caught on fire when I was standing in the iron trough shoveling red hot coke out of it. A few herniated lumbar discs after a 500 pound Blow Pipe slipped from a chain fall and trapped me between it and the 300 some odd degree Hog Spool Piece. I see the missing 1/2 of my middle finger every time I go to shake someone's hand or wave to a politician. I can go on and on but don't want any sympathy. If I knew then the deal I made to work all those night shifts, weekends and Holidays, under ridiculously horrid conditions would have been broken I would have been out of there faster than a politicians lips can move.

I have to vote because for me it is my duty, but I would rather stay in bed that day with the covers pulled over my head and wake up to find this has all been a bad dream.

Ya back a decade ago before Harper's conservative government. Remember he has been in power all this time. Thus, all the wage cuts, jobs sent to Mexico, etc, etc....haha

Conservative government benefits the top 1% like the druggy Ford family and the rest of rich who like partying while rest of us lose.

Wish i wasn't disabled or i would still be fishing, its not that expensive.

x10. But all anyone thinks is we need Dear Leader for fear that things could be worse? Just because he tells you everything else is scary? News flash: Things could be better.

I'm in the 4th quarter in my life. At this point I always thought I would feel like I'm up by 3 touchdowns, but I'm behind by 24 points and it is very disheartening because I'm losing. I went to bed last Thursday and woke up to find I no longer will have the medical benefits I earned during the 30 years working at the former Stelco. Also January 1st my gross pension will be reduced by 15%. All I have to do is look down at my right leg and see the scars from 2nd and 3rd degree burns that was the result of being splashed by 2700 F hot metal, my left leg has the burn scars from when my pants caught on fire when I was standing in the iron trough shoveling red hot coke out of it. A few herniated lumbar discs after a 500 pound Blow Pipe slipped from a chain fall and trapped me between it and the 300 some odd degree Hog Spool Piece. I see the missing 1/2 of my middle finger every time I go to shake someone's hand or wave to a politician. I can go on and on but don't want any sympathy. If I knew then the deal I made to work all those night shifts, weekends and Holidays, under ridiculously horrid conditions would have been broken I would have been out of there faster than a politicians lips can move.

I have to vote because for me it is my duty, but I would rather stay in bed that day with the covers pulled over my head and wake up to find this has all been a bad dream.

That's brutal to say the least, how someone can just pull the rug out from underneath so many people that are dependent on what they've earned is a travesty and I can't believe its not been a talking point in any part of any parties platform.

The tough part here is big business wants the breaks and the big bonuses or they'll just go somewhere else and get it sadly, tough to play ball when its always in the other guys hands ie Siemens down to Carolina, that was $500,000 a year in business for the company I work for because of the size of the facility we had a guy there full time for just maintenance, who would in turn say this should be replaced/serviced whatever and the cheque was written to do it without a second question

That's brutal OI, I'd be beyond pissed and hopefully there's some legal recourse to save the pensions for all the workers.

Just look at what Caterpillar did. Corporate, in some cases, are leeches and need to be reigned in. While I won't get into the issues of unions ( I happen to think they're needed but if people were treated right they would not exist), Cat seemed esp aggrieved to have to work with them and thus chose to act like a petulant child and grab all the marbles and leave the playground.

From a Globe and Mail article in 2012

"Eight days ago, Caterpillar reported record annual profit of $4.9-billion (U.S.), an 83-per-cent increase from $2.7-billion in 2010. That came from record sales of $60.1-billion for one of the signature companies of Corporate America"

...unbelievable..sorry to hear ,predictions like this are always floating about ,but when they hit home it hurts

And this is how we treat our skilled labourers?

What a shame!

And by we I am referring to our government.

Im only 35 and Ive paid many a dues.

This is a typical Canadian story nowadays.

Seriously, we need to right this ship asap.

And happy belated bday my friend, sorry about the news