Has she got her heart set on destroying this province?

Big Cliff

I used to be a liberal and I guess I am one by nature but in reality when it comes to politics I cannot identify with anyone. I am sick of empty promises from liberals and other parties. I am also sick of hearing the same old s$&t from people who blindly follow or buy conservative propaganda too. But mostly I hate that I get so pissed off at people's posts here and on Facebook about election candidates. I have a hard time seperating people's political views from the people themselves. It's so divisive.

I would agree with pretty much everything in that post... but what I do know is Trudeau is not what this country needs right now!!!

The whole Canadian political system has been taking 2 steps to the left when the Liberals are in power and one step to the right when the Conservatives are in power, net result is the Conservative of today are yesterdays Liberals. At one time , free trade was a Liberal

dream and Conservatives were a protectionist policy with duties and tariffs, buy Canadian mentality. Mulroney came on the scene and embraced free trade , suddenly the Liberals renounced the concept , same with the European style VAT value added tax which is basically our GST , again Mulroney taking a liberalized Euro approach to taxation and Chretien promising to abolish it in the infamous Red Book. Don't forget Jean Charest , the reddest Tory of them all , leader of the PC Party in the mid 90's who could without hesitation step over to lead the Quebec Liberals.

The whole Canadian political system has been taking 2 steps to the left when the Liberals are in power and one step to the right when the Conservatives are in power, net result is the Conservative of today are yesterdays Liberals. At one time , free trade was a Liberal

dream and Conservatives were a protectionist policy with duties and tariffs, buy Canadian mentality. Mulroney came on the scene and embraced free trade , suddenly the Liberals renounced the concept , same with the European style VAT value added tax which is basically our GST , again Mulroney taking a liberalized Euro approach to taxation and Chretien promising to abolish it in the infamous Red Book. Don't forget Jean Charest , the reddest Tory of them all , leader of the PC Party in the mid 90's who could without hesitation step over to lead the Quebec Liberals.

Very accurate assessment of Canadian political landscape over the past 35 years :good:

Edited by Old Man

I would agree with pretty much everything in that post... but what I do know is Trudeau is not what this country needs right now!!!

And I totally agree with you about Trudeau. The fact that the crowd laughed during a debate when he was questioned about "how he would handle a meeting with Putin" pretty much sums it up.

And I totally agree with you about Trudeau. The fact that the crowd laughed during a debate when he was questioned about "how he would handle a meeting with Putin" pretty much sums it up.

None of the candidates stand a chance against Putin.

All answers were laughable but it is clear Harper has the most experience and is a better speaker.

Trudeau is a horrible speaker and im not sure what he brings to the table? He seems confident NATO protects him if elected.

When was Canada ever a leader in military force?

Its been along while since we kicked the US in the hiny lol.

I hate saying this but Harper may just be our best puppet

MB2 at the end of WWII Canada had the 4th largest Navy and the 5th largest Airforce in the world. The biggest turning point, obvious to any one my age, is when Diefenbaker cancelled the Avro Arrow program in '58 I believe choosing the protection of the US ICBM's. ( Intercontinental Ballistic Missiles ). Air raid drills were as common as fire drills in schools back around the Cuban Missile Crisis, fun times, put your head between your legs and kiss your butt goodbye :tease:

MB2 at the end of WWII Canada had the 4th largest Navy and the 5th largest Airforce in the world. The biggest turning point, obvious to any one my age, is when Diefenbaker cancelled the Avro Arrow program in '58 I believe choosing the protection of the US ICBM's. ( Intercontinental Ballistic Missiles ). Air raid drills were as common as fire drills in schools back around the Cuban Missile Crisis, fun times, put your head between your legs and kiss your butt goodbye :tease:

Yeah that must have been unpleasant to live through.

Harper, in his time, has silenced science, turned Canada into a warring country and done everything in his power to turn our natural wonder into a pipeline. Let's not forget he was ONLY 46 when elected. Oh, and how many times did he prorogue parliament when things weren't going his way? How many of his hand picked ministers walked out on him? Even Flaherty, who was his most trusted advisor left. Flaherty, who told him the income split was a bad idea on grounds of discrimination and that an income tax deduction would serve The People much better. Who's proposing this now? Not Stephen.

Trudeau may be young and come from a privileged background , but so was Kennedy. At least he has passion for what it means to be Canadian. He finished school, do some research people. Worked for non-profits and travelled the world. Harper had never done these things prior to being Prime Minister. It's time for a change.

It's the change to WHAT that scares me, if I thought anyone else had a chance against Trudeau I would vote for them but I am afraid that at this point a vote for anyone else but Harper is going to be a vote for Justin. Tomorrow I have to decide then no matter who gets in, wait and see.

None of the candidates stand a chance against Putin.

All answers were laughable but it is clear Harper has the most experience and is a better speaker.

Trudeau is a horrible speaker and im not sure what he brings to the table? He seems confident NATO protects him if elected.

If that's our best puppet, God save us...

Edited by Dusky

anyone who willing chooses to associate politically with the Ford Bros is difficult to understand. his hard on crime stance disappears when hanging with the crack smoking, drunk driving ex mayor. that his handlers didn't see the extremely poor optics in this is baffling...

Edited by woodenboater

anyone who willing chooses to associate politically with the Ford Bros is a hard to understand. his hard on crime stance disappears when hanging with the crack smoking, drunk driving ex mayor. that his handlers didn't see the extremely poor optics in this is baffling...

And to the best of my knowledge Rob Ford has been clean and sober since going into rehab! Let he who has never sined cast the first stone! At least Rob always returned phone calls from the people in his riding not some office flunky with a canned speach.

I hate Harper.

Dont get me wrong.

But at least to some extent he is respected by other leaders(as a puppet)

You get a lesser experienced(puppet) and things might go south very very quickly.

I dont like any candidate tbh

Which is the best puppet? Probably Mulclair IMO.

Either way we are spiraling downword fast.

I cant even begin to list all the issues we have.

We need a true leader, I see none

that's a longboard and they're very popular. there are 'board meetings' in Toronto where most dress up in shirt and tie and ride down Yonge St.. tempted to go one time but my board is a pool and pipe stick ;)

Oh I know and thats why hed get his rear handed to him Edited by manitoubass2

And to the best of my knowledge Rob Ford has been clean and sober since going into rehab! Let he who has never sined cast the first stone! At least Rob always returned phone calls from the people in his riding not some office flunky with a canned speach.

I really hope so for his and his kid's sake. but if he hasn't cut off the crowd he was rolling with, then I'm not optimistic. I just wish he would ditch the tracksuit ffs, he looked better in a suit and tie lol

I also don't subscribe to the first stone or glass houses thing but ymmv ;)

can't wait for winter to roll in so I can get back onto the snowshoes

Harper hugged the Fords in order to try and get Ford Nation on his side. Ford Nation is the only group that could possibly put a dent in the left wing support that downtown Toronto is famous for. They have been card carrying Conservatives their entire life.

HH

Harper hugged the Fords in order to try and get Ford Nation on his side. Ford Nation is the only group that could possibly put a dent in the left wing support that downtown Toronto is famous for. They have been card carrying Conservatives their entire life.

HH

Those guys were already going to vote for Harper, regardless.

It was a terrible move. Anyone on the fence was likely driven away (and rightfully so).

HH

04bbPEt.png

I hate Harper.

Dont get me wrong.

But at least to some extent he is respected by other leaders(as a puppet)

You get a lesser experienced(puppet) and things might go south very very quickly.

I dont like any candidate tbh

Which is the best puppet? Probably Mulclair IMO.

Either way we are spiraling downword fast.

I cant even begin to list all the issues we have.

We need a true leader, I see none

One of the best quotes I've heard during this campaign is this. "Trying to decide who you will pick in this election is like trying to pick you favourite STD" "And try and pick one that won't stay with you forever."

It's a sad time when we don't have confidence with any of the choices. I will be voting tonight though and hope for the best for our country. And then making an appointment with the doctor for the antibiotic.

Edited by fishnsled

One of the best quotes I've heard during this campaign is this. "Trying to decide who you will pick in this election is like trying to pick you favourite STD" "And try and pick one that won't stay with you forever."

It's a sad time when we don't have confidence with any of the choices. I will be voting tonight though and hope for the best for our country. And then making an appointment with the doctor for the antibiotic.

Truer words...