Has she got her heart set on destroying this province?

Big Cliff

I'm in the 4th quarter in my life. At this point I always thought I would feel like I'm up by 3 touchdowns, but I'm behind by 24 points and it is very disheartening because I'm losing. I went to bed last Thursday and woke up to find I no longer will have the medical benefits I earned during the 30 years working at the former Stelco. Also January 1st my gross pension will be reduced by 15%. All I have to do is look down at my right leg and see the scars from 2nd and 3rd degree burns that was the result of being splashed by 2700 F hot metal, my left leg has the burn scars from when my pants caught on fire when I was standing in the iron trough shoveling red hot coke out of it. A few herniated lumbar discs after a 500 pound Blow Pipe slipped from a chain fall and trapped me between it and the 300 some odd degree Hog Spool Piece. I see the missing 1/2 of my middle finger every time I go to shake someone's hand or wave to a politician. I can go on and on but don't want any sympathy. If I knew then the deal I made to work all those night shifts, weekends and Holidays, under ridiculously horrid conditions would have been broken I would have been out of there faster than a politicians lips can move.

I have to vote because for me it is my duty, but I would rather stay in bed that day with the covers pulled over my head and wake up to find this has all been a bad dream.

I'm very sorry to hear about your pension changes. I have a number of friends fathers' who are in the situation.

One mentioned his pension was decreasing almost 40%?!!!!

What determines how much your pension is decreasing?

FYI - the last Ontario election I voted Green. Couldn't bring myself to vote for any of the top 3. Would have rather voted libertarian or communist but the option wasn't there.

I hope you know that your alternatives are complete opposites.

I wish the vast majority of voters didn't treat it like a beauty or polarity contest. Liberals believe in high taxes and more government. Conservative are more capitalist and believe that vibrant self sufficient business creates prosperity for all.

I find it bizarre that Toronto tax payers go crazy if the city talks about a 1% property tax hike that will cost the average family $100. But they will vote in that Trudeau kid that will raise taxes by way more than that. You can't fix stupid I guess.

Harper is not a flashy guy. He's not that nice. But he is a tough focused leader. He is highly respected by international leaders. He has my vote.

Edited by Canuck

I hope you know that your alternatives are complete opposites.

I wish the vast majority of voters didn't treat it like a beauty or polarity contest. Liberals believe in high taxes and more government. Conservative are more capitalist and believe that vibrant self sufficient business creates prosperity for all.

I find it bizarre that Toronto tax payers go crazy if the city talks about a 1% property tax hike that will cost the average family $100. But they will vote in that Trudeau kid that will raise taxes by way more than that. You can't fix stupid I guess.

Harper is not a flashy guy. He's not that nice. But he is a tough focused leader. He is highly respected by international leaders. He has my vote.

Agreed. What you say here is basically a summation of this NP article.

http://news.nationalpost.com/full-comment/kelly-mcparland-the-case-for-re-electing-stephen-harper

FYI - the last Ontario election I voted Green. Couldn't bring myself to vote for any of the top 3. Would have rather voted libertarian or communist but the option wasn't there.

I have trouble understanding how you could be considering both the libertarian and the communists.

The Libertarians would consider Harper to be extreme left. The communists are extreme left.

How can be undecided whether you want the government to control everything; or, have the absolute minimum amount of government possible?

you know, Justin Trudeau is 43 years old.....

not sure why anyone calls him a kid....unless they are brainwashed by media and don't possess an ounce of their own forethought.

Because he is Pierre E Trudeau's silver spoon in the mouth kid. He has led a highly privileged life but is appealing to the middle class. Give me a break.

If you read his resume b4 he entered politics it reads like a twenty something kid, no real jobs, dropped out of a couple university courses, all image and name. As a single pension retired couple we don't pay squat anymore in taxes with income splitting and old age deductions, feel sorry for the "anybody but Harper" crowd . Ontario I thought learned its lesson with the protest vote Rae government and Albertans are wishing they could have a redo with their protest vote.

edit: in retrospect the Conservatives should have maybe convinced Ben Mulroney to run against him , a vote for Ben would make about sense as a vote for Justin, maybe more.

Edited by dave524

And these pages of post should give all a clear indication of how confused people are...seems Harper is being blamed for everything and anything...and frankly judging by some of the insane stuff I have read on this thread and the other thread people truly are out of touch with today reality...I know I shouldn't worry because junior says budgets balance themselves...

If you read his resume b4 he entered politics it reads like a twenty something kid, no real jobs, dropped out of a couple university courses, all image and name. As a single pension retired couple we don't pay squat anymore in taxes with income splitting and old age deductions, feel sorry for the "anybody but Harper" crowd . Ontario I thought learned its lesson with the protest vote Rae government and Albertans are wishing they could have a redo with their protest vote.

edit: in retrospect the Conservatives should have maybe convinced Ben Mulroney to run against him , a vote for Ben would make about sense as a vote for Justin, maybe more.

EXACTLY.

no, calling a 43 year old a kid, because of who is father is, shows a serious lack of knowledge.

I know many professionals who had rich upbringings that are fantastic business folk who are highly valued by their respective companies.

And 99% of the time they earned their respective positions because of what THEY did and what THEY have accomplished. NOT because of their last name.

You have to give the Liberals some credit for mixing their game plan. They tried inept with Dion, intelligent with Iggy, and now opted for dumb with Trudeau ;)

Trudeau was brought on to the scene out of shear desparation...the Liberals after sucessive flops...Dion...Ignatiev...dubious qualifications for a prime minister...

Trudeau was brought on to the scene out of shear desparation...the Liberals after sucessive flops...Dion...Ignatiev...dubious qualifications for a prime minister...

Where's Iggy now ? teaching at some Ivy League American University? Yeah, as a small c conservative all my life , Harper was not my first choice as leader, I was really hoping as maybe I previously said that when Mike Harris stepped down during his second term giving the reins to Ernie Eves it meant he was going to take a run at Federal politics, we can only wish that had been the case.

A Trudy commercial just came on the baseball game about Harper dividing Canadians, maybe he should ask about how popular his old man was west of the Ontario / Manitoba border, talk about dividing a country.

Lookinforwalleye. As a Canadian we are all entitled to our opinion. I find your posts very condescending in that you often refer to everyone with a different opinion as you as stupid. That is arrogant IMO. Politics and world issues are not black and white/wrong or right as you tend to suggest. Get off your high horse.

I wish that was the case with conservatives. Did anyone remember not too long ago how much conservative government paid to auto companies who were not so vibrant and self sufficient in doing business. Irony is, we did not see same reaction from conservative government when Canadian Nortel or BB needed the help.

Edited by Dusky

I used to be a liberal and I guess I am one by nature but in reality when it comes to politics I cannot identify with anyone. I am sick of empty promises from liberals and other parties. I am also sick of hearing the same old from people who blindly follow or buy conservative propaganda too. But mostly I hate that I get so pissed off at people's posts here and on Facebook about election candidates. I have a hard time seperating people's political views from the people themselves. It's so divisive.