Has she got her heart set on destroying this province?

Big Cliff

For those that missed the 680 All News Toronto opinion poll running all morning the question was:

(Not verbatim) - Were you satisfied with the Election Results.

53% NO

47% YES

@12:30pm today

I suspect the 47% er's were in the Golden Horseshoe.......

For those that missed the 680 All News Toronto opinion poll running all morning the question was:

(Not verbatim) - Were you satisfied with the Election Results.

53% NO

47% YES

@12:30pm today

I suspect the 47% er's were in the Golden Horseshoe......

Now here is where the spin meets the road in politics....

Conservative command central, this morning hungover and mad about losing, while dismantling the office sees this poll and immediately releases a statement. 53 PERCENT of the population want Harper back!!!!

Liberal staffers after cleaning up from getting blitzed on weed, (which will be coming to a corner store near you soon) and ecstatic about their historic romp to power. Release a rebuttal. The POLL actually means 53 PERCENT of the population are upset that we didn't win by MORE and that the Conservatives got any seats at all.

NDP staffers while trying to find the 2.3 million they will have to pay back by breaking into vending machines at the their headquarters. Release a statement 53 PERCENT of the population are MAD that we didn't keep as many seats as we won in 2011.

The Green Party releases a statement on twitter. 53 percent of the population is unhappy we weren't able to win enough seats to reach official party status.

Given the vagueness of the question and the unscientific method of the poll all 4 statements are statistically factual but probably NONE of them is entirely true.

Edited by Canuck2fan

Now here is where the spin meets the road in politics....

Conservative command central, this morning hungover and mad about losing, while dismantling the office sees this poll and immediately releases a statement. 53 PERCENT of the population want Harper back!!!!

Liberal staffers after cleaning up from getting blitzed on weed, (which will be coming to a corner store near you soon) and ecstatic about their historic romp to power. Release a rebuttal. The POLL actually means 53 PERCENT of the population are upset that we didn't win by MORE and that the Conservatives got any seats at all.

NDP staffers while trying to find the 2.3 million they will have to pay back by breaking into vending machines at the their headquarters. Release a statement 53 PERCENT of the population are MAD that we didn't keep as many seats as we won in 2011.

The Green Party releases a statement on twitter. 53 percent of the population is unhappy we weren't able to win enough seats to reach official party status.

Given the vagueness of the question and the unscientific method of the poll all 4 three statements are statistically factual but probably NONE of them is entirely true.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

American public opinion says Obama is the worst president since Jimmy Carter, when recently interviewed , Carter was asked his opinion to which he replied, " No , he is worse "

And I wonder how many of those people are racist rednecks? Hard to get a proper opinion when you've got people like that in your society.

And I wonder how many of those people are racist rednecks? Hard to get a proper opinion when you've got people like that in your society.

Exactly!!

Bill read your comment three times and look into a mirror.lol Your condemnation of a group of people label you as a racist. We have racist that do not follow labels, race, creed or culture just as the Islams are openly slammed by some Canadians it is not just one group doing it.

Signed not a racist Redneck.(but I dislike Obama's decisions on my country's behalf).

Art

Wow that an ignorant statement

This just in! No racism in Canada!!!!(well inspite of the biggest genocide in recorded history)

But hey, get over it?

Bill is a good guy, not afraid to speak his mind on here..... Offers balance.

I see no offence in his post.

We may not always see eye to eye, but he has earned respect.

G

That he is( imo also)

Hes offering his opinion and so am I.

I just thought it was a silly post

After all he loves my fishing gloves and I love that hes a mommas boy???

So you are all ok with the school unions getting money? 2.5 million?

If this dosent bury her, nothing will.

Nice to see the young gun Patrick Brown going after her. This guy I respect as a person, not the party he represents. He has done much for our area here and the hospital.

Go for the throat Patrick.

i like Wynne's message on the news this AM.

teachers don't settle their silly strike, and continue to short students, the government is going to start shorting their pays.

i don't do my job, i get fired.

teachers don't do their job, nothing happens.

good on Wynne!!

Spin, spin spin....

So the government claims there are 24000 MORE nurses now than when they took office in 2003.

The nurses union claim 409 nursing positions have been cut this year, mainly due to ATTRITION.

The government claims they have moved some nursing positions from the hospital out into the community to help shorten hospital stays....

The union says that is stupid because nurses can get patients out of the hospital quicker if they are in the hospital directing care and instructing patients how to leave the hospital faster....

The public wants more nurses, but doesn't want the deficit or taxes to increase.

Hospital administrators are dealing with only a 1.1 increase in funding year over year this year.

That INCREASE in percentage dollars because of inflation is a freeze or even a cut in hard dollars.

It has to be noted public doesn't give a crap about inflation when it comes to having their taxes raised... under no circumstances are increases acceptable LOL.

So it would be factually correct to say the Liberals have increased the number of nurses in Ontario, while at the same time cutting positions lately due to attrition in hospitals. It is too early to know if those positions are being transferred to the community as intended.

It is all about whether you want the story to spin right or left.

The dogs in the public opinion fight, the union, hospital administrators and provincial government don't really seem to care about the individual staff. Who, from what I have seen personally, in the last few years seeing my elderly family members being cared for. I see nurses, psws and even utility staff are doing a lot more just to try and keep up, and at some point the breaking point in endurance will be reached.

Edited by Canuck2fan

Spin, spin spin....

So the government claims there are 24000 MORE nurses now than when they took office in 2003.

The nurses union claim 409 nursing positions have been cut this year, mainly due to ATTRITION.

The government claims they have moved some nursing positions from the hospital out into the community to help shorten hospital stays....

The union says that is stupid because nurses can get patients out of the hospital quicker if they are in the hospital directing care and instructing patients how to leave the hospital faster....

The public wants more nurses, but doesn't want the deficit or taxes to increase.

Hospital administrators are dealing with only a 1.1 increase in funding year over year this year.

That INCREASE in percentage dollars because of inflation is a freeze or even a cut in hard dollars.

It has to be noted public doesn't give a crap about inflation when it comes to having their taxes raised... under no circumstances are increases acceptable LOL.

So it would be factually correct to say the Liberals have increased the number of nurses in Ontario, while at the same time cutting positions lately due to attrition in hospitals. It is too early to know if those positions are being transferred to the community as intended.

It is all about whether you want the story to spin right or left.

The dogs in the public opinion fight, the union, hospital administrators and provincial government don't really seem to care about the individual staff. Who, from what I have seen personally, in the last few years seeing my elderly family members being cared for. I see nurses, psws and even utility staff are doing a lot more just to try and keep up, and at some point the breaking point in endurance will be reached.

It is not just through attrition. My co-workers wife was laid off from Sick Kids hospital. If fact, her whole department was eliminated. That was before this year; but it was still during the McGuinty/Wynne years when they were supposedly restoring all of the cuts by Mike Harris.

As far as the increase in the total number of nurses. How does that compare to the increase in population? Ontario's population has increased significantly since 2003; obviously, we will need more nurses.

Edited by JohnBacon

The latest. Uncle Kates threatening to dock teachers pay. Probably a smoke screen but id like to see it happen. Bout time the takers among us and their employer get egg on their faces and a cuff on the back of their greedy noggins. "Its all about the kids" Ya right!!!!!!