Pb muskie!!!

Gallie

Went out to balsam today for a morning fish with my good buddy mark, the weather forecast looked bad for my 12 ft tin tippy but we went anyway and were greeted at the launch with some heavy wind and some big chop.

There were boats everywhere and i had wondered if there was a tourney of some sort going on cause these guys were literally fishing on top of each other and eventually on us too lol.

We had a limited range due to the chop so we did our best to get away from the boats and throw some casts mostly with inlines and shallow invaders, from 6:30 to 11:00 we didnt see a fish and only had a couple small taps to show for our efforts.

The waves had started getting out of hand so we were on one of our last drifts, i had gotten sick of the spinner not starting in the waves so i fired on a magnum bulldog and started firing for the hills, i was laughing and joking with mark that i had no idea how to fish this bait so i just started letting it sink a couple feet then a fairly straight retrieve.

Well, my 5th cast towards the deep edge and the bait stopped dead, i set the hook and it was game on. This battle was as much haul her to the boat as it was stay on my feet, after a couple minutes of intense battle mark slides the net under her.

When i saw it in the water it looked big but when i pulled it out of the net i was shocked, this fish went 48" on the tape and i did not get a girth because i wanted to get her back in the drink asap. She was 2" longer then my old pb but a heck of a lot heavier and thicker, she had an absolute massive head on her and im still shaking as i type this. I never thought i would catch this size of kawartha muskie so early into my balsam tenure but there she was.

Thank you for taking the time to read, heres some pics! Tightlines!

P.s. First couple pics were really blurry im hoping i can clean them up somehow.

B60D246B-FB1E-4ADD-9FB8-65405BC761E4_zps

4CF0995A-F843-4D7D-B83E-E981AA8A6DED_zps

F1D9C22D-3984-45D6-A867-FC4C8B30B17D_zps

1D0D7FA7-5EE6-4147-9CC6-4FDF184BC7C7_zps

A31C861C-2F4F-43D7-83F2-E94BB5975C73_zps

Thanks guys! Coming from a big musky guy like you lew that means a lot!

I owe you one too sinker... Black and orange baby black and orange!

On the release i figured i would add the last pic, my last contact with this monster as she kicked out of my hands for good.

148827B5-686A-4B2F-A3B7-ED5109327095_zps

Haha ol, my buddies and i have always joked that it aint the size of the boat its the size of the heart of the man.

That little 12 holds probably half of my pbs.

Thanks for the kind responses, i cant fire the cameraman cause hes the netman too lol!

I bow to you my man. And from a 12 foot tinny. There should be a new class for record fish. Size of fish calculated by size and price of boat and equipment. You win Gallie!!!!!!

I commend you as well!!! I was out at Balsam today as well, and I must say, there were some nice swells in the west bay today! Good for you, for staying on the dry side of the boat!!

We faired well, with a couple of decent walleye, musky, and pike. The musky surely wasn't as impressive as yours, but 36" and acrobatic, made for a good fight.