What did you do New Years eve

wormdunker

Had some friends over a-la potluck. I cooked up some crappie, dynamic_bear made his famous Jamalaya, other friends made homemade bread and crab dip. I'm not much of a drinker so I served as bartender for the evening. Good times had by all.

I wish I could get out on the ice today. Looks like Sunday will be the earliest.

It was a great night, thank you again for having me over, the crappie you cooked up was great and looking forward to sunday

Edited by DynamicBear

got woken up abruptly by Ralphie barking when some yackoff set off some fireworks for half an hour at midnight near my back yard!

Oh and we were never young eh? LMAO

Ours was quiet. Some hockey and treats then bed before the midnight ball dropped.

We cooked up a couple of lobsters and later flipped the channel between Niagara and NY. The music left no doubt that we are 'over the hill', clued out------didn't recognize any of the singers or their songs but the young folks in attendance were singing along! :unsure::D

Caught some of Ron James at Niagara---some pretty good stuff.

Edited by SirCranksaLot

Oh and we were never young eh? LMAO

Ours was quiet. Some hockey and treats then bed before the midnight ball dropped.

Ya I know B, but when you're in a dead sleep and then the dog starts whining and barking and it sounds like gunshots outside, it's a tad annoying. Now I know why my neighbors used to be so mad at me :)

Well, I went to a lesbian birthday/ New Years party and it rocked! We were kid free and completely took advantage! It was a fun time, those people are for the most part so nice and sure know how to party!!! Didnt get home until 3!

Well, I went to a lesbian birthday/ New Years party and it rocked! We were kid free and completely took advantage! It was a fun time, those people are for the most part so nice and sure know how to party!!! Didnt get home until 3!

They do know how to have a good time don't they! I have a couple in my family (married) and they throw the best parties!

G

These days you get thrown in jail for the kinda things we, as a community, did on New Years Eve.

When I lived in French River (some 35 or so years ago) we'd walk out on the front porch and let go with a couple of blasts with the 12 ga. at midnight. On a clear cold night you'd hear them going off for miles around. If I tried that where I live now I'd have the cops returning fire LOL. (No disrespect meant to our boys in blue, I wouldn't want to have to put up with what they do today for all the money in the world)

Usually for the last few years it's a struggle just to stay awake past mid night. We used to do the Dinner Dance thing but I say if I want to celebrate with a few hundred strangers and pay to do it I'll just invite my family over. My wife volunteered to work and close the store so she got home at 10:30 and I fed her Brodetto on Polenta. We were invited to come by the neighbors from Toronto as we are every year, we are the old folks here now. To my surprise she said lets visit the neighbors. We had a blast with the 30 something DINKS. We stayed to 3 AM. The best part was the 3 minute walk home, no waiting for a cab and no designated driver.

Happy New Years to all.

I'm pretty surprised at the replies.

Me, big game of shinny on the lake New Years eve day in a brutal wind, nice dinner and campfire later (brutal wind again), then I kept my 5 year old tradition going, in bed before 10:30,

there may or may not have been drinking involved

I'm pretty surprised at the replies.

Me, big game of shinny on the lake New Years eve day in a brutal wind, nice dinner and campfire later (brutal wind again), then I kept my 5 year old tradition going, in bed before 10:30,

there may or may not have been drinking involved

hahaha awesome!

Dinner at a nice Mexican restaurant called Milagro and then off to Massey Hall for a comedy show. MC was Tom Green who was a little crude and so were a couple comedians in the first set. I still can't understand why comedians think vulgarity is funny. Anyway, highlight of the night was from the second most famous celebrity to come out of Timmins, ON, Derek Edwards. Not vulgar, or a lot of swearing, just his recollection of life experiences that he tells and the whole place was roaring.