Crazy Weather

This has to be one of the craziest days for nasty weather,  6 rip roaring thunderstorms since 1pm and they just keep coming, massive rain dumps and a couple blasts of wind that sent the chairs for a loop.  Couple of trees down and lots of new sprouting twig ends all over. 

I was watching the CTV news last night at supper time and I couldn't believe the nasty weather that was predicted for Ontario. We've been going through much the same out west here for the past few days. Rain, hail, snow and violent thunder storms all night long. I'm almost deaf as a stone and don't wear my hearing aids to bed of course and the thunder has woke me up every night, not to mention the lightening that lit up the inside of the house almost steady. We usually don't get this until later in July and especially in August. There are actually several airplane pilots on stand by in the event of a storm with large hail and they will go up and seed the clouds to reduce the size of the hail to lessen the damage. As I mentioned before Calgary is called hail storm alley. I hope it has ended and yous have a non eventful night tonight.

18 hours ago, Fisherman said:

This has to be one of the craziest days for nasty weather,  6 rip roaring thunderstorms since 1pm and they just keep coming, massive rain dumps and a couple blasts of wind that sent the chairs for a loop.  Couple of trees down and lots of new sprouting twig ends all over. 

Other than being a hot humid day nothing exciting happened here at the extreme west end of Lake O. We did have some early evening flash lightning, almost no thunder to speak of along with some gusty winds but barely a drop of rain fell over night.