The bad news...then the good news

lew

Pulling for ya down here Lew. Know just how you feel - That diagnosis is like hitting a brick wall at 60. I just had a few square inches of my face removed last month. Just waiting confirmation that the whole C patch is now in the incinerator.

May the surgery go well and you and Diane have the joy of many more anniversaries to come.

Wow. That's scary stuff, Lew. I had an x-ray last jan that showed some sort of lump. A bunch of test later, incl CT scan, and a bronscoscopy indicated that it was most likely not cancer. I'm relieved now but the whole experience was quite unsettling. Here's wishing you and your wife all the best thru these tough times.

Thanks for all the good wishes folks, it means a lot to both of us.

And Cliff, thanks for the offer of a place to stay during Diane's time in hospital, it's much appreciated, but it's already covered.

It's been a scary time around here for the last couple months but we're both feeling pretty confident now after talking with the doctor. This is evidently the most common type of lung cancer and this is the surgery that's normally used and with good success, specially when it's caught early like this.

We host a big Christmas party every year and Diane always goes overboard making it nice for everyone, but now between myself and some friends we've convinced her to cancel it this year and I think that's got her more upset than the illness LOL

Edited by lew

I am glad to hear the good news Lew. I am confident that Dianne will be just fine. I have sent prayers since I found out just after our trip up north and it hopefully will continue to help.

All our wishes and prayer Dianne.

Art and Joe