Angler tagged teamed by lake trout.

misfish

If it wasnt for the video and my buddy being there,you guys would of never believed me.

Opening day for lakers finally arrives. Up before 4 am. Ya,couldnt sleep. I have to admit,it feels like we just finished the closer on the ice, and we were back at it again. This time with warmer conditions. No dragging huts,augers and rods behind us.

Greeted with a great sun rise and a nice boat ride out to our grounds.

005_zpsd73fbd08.jpg

006_zps29d80912.jpg

Knowing this year was going to be a lot different opener then past years due to the late ice out and water temps colder then norm (40 degrees on the surface),the plan was, going to be slow troll with flutter spoons.

Get the rods loaded and we are trolling for opening day lakers.

We had a few hits and miss,s to start our morning. Bait fish is stupid crazy out there. With the amount of bait we marked,we were thinking why would they hit a shiny hard lure,when they can have some nice soft meat to chow down on.

Then it happened.

Rod goes off . Grab and give a few good hauls to make sure the hook is set. Thats when I say holy crap,it,s a good one. Line is slowly leaving the reel . Yup,this is a good one. With just a steady thumping from depths below,I just play the game and retrieve one turn at a time. Thinking Im making ground,it want to make another dive. Down,down it went again.

After about a 10 minute battle,I start to make ground. Reel, lower the rod,reel, lower the rod and begin to make ground. We can finally see it. Nice fish. I say there,s one following it. Start laughing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I,ll let the vid tell the rest of the story. :D

A first for me. :w00t:

I kept the smaller of the two for a friend, and released the larger one.

008_zps0d44f962.jpg

010_zps8391310f.jpg

Thanks again for a memorable day of fishing buddy.

There ya go Bri

You can now boast to being twice the fisherman than anyone else---heck anybody can catch em one at a time

one day....one angler......one hookset.....one limit (2 trout)......priceless

nice fish---BBQ??

Greedy bugger eh Terry !

Making up for those that I didnt get during the ice season, :wallbash:

Never seen that before.

Wow! Right down on bottom eh.

Rob

Im going to drift two hooks sunday. One with a roe bag,the other with a pinkie worm. :rofl2:

nice fish---BBQ??

Not for me Terrance.

Im not a laker eating guy. My friends,that cant get out for them though,like them. :good:

Well theres a first for everything lol.Great job guys!

Didnt see you out there Dave :dunno:

fix the washing machine.

Will,it would of still been there when you got home. :Gonefishing::rofl2:

nice ! had that with a pair of bass once on a single jerk bait, but that is pretty cool. I had a similar experience with the bait fish this morning - found one cloud over 20 foot tall and filled the split screen on my elite 5. But nothing around. Hopefully tomorrow will be more productive.