**New Member**

pairofgreenhorns

Hello OFC members, my name is Ryan Smith and I would just like to introduce myself and my wonderful partner to this awesome community I have stumbled upon. I can't thank you all enough for all the posts in this forum from the techniques to the trip reports (my favorite), I enjoy them all.SO much so that while I was waiting for validation I read almost every post back to May, lol (it took a few weeks to be validated).

My aim is to be a contributing member of this forum, learn a tonne from the wealth of knowledge here, as well as hopefully meet some good outdoor/fishing buddies or couples. I am 29 years old living with my g/f (Ashley) who is 28 in the busy city of Toronto.... we love sports and the outdoors and have recently been bitten by the fishing and outdoors/camping/hunting bug.

As far as fishing is concerned because we are new to Toronto we don't get out enough (no boat, not sure where to go from shore) except for near the mouth of the humber river but have been skunked twice during the summer. We have been on one fly in trip (i have been on 2), and sturgeon fishing in b.c. (trip reports will come in the next couple of weeks).

However I grew up near the wonderful Lake St. Clair and return to visit my family there a few times a year and make sure I get out for some fishing on my fathers boat at least a couple times a trip. Love LSC.

Before I ramble on to much farther, thanks again for all your posts and the people that run this site I really an truly appreciate you all!!

Best,

Ryan and Ashley (pairofgreenhorns)

Great intro x 3. There are some very unexpected hot spots to fish in TO one would never expect to find.

Google Bob Izumi with Taro fishing the harbor front for pike, big pike in winter under the shadows of the glass towers, it's cool. Also carp from Toronto Island, lots of big carp, and of course the tributaries for the salmon and Trout.

Welcome aboard, enjoy your time here, you will get hooked for sure, and hook a few as well with all the great advice.

Johnny D