Just sitting here in quiet silence,remembering Mom

mercman

A very sincere thanks to all. I woke up this morning and went outside with my dogs.The sun still below the horizon, and a faint orange glow.Said a little prayer and looked skyward to be greeted by a single star against the deep blue cloudless sky.I feel sad but at peace now. Found this pic of her from our Las Vegas/Grand Canyon trip a couple of years ago. Says it all i think. She would have been 80 next year.

Mom.jpeg

Paul,

Cindy and I send our deepest condolences to you and your family...our prayers are with her and you.

We are the same age so I know how it is to be parent-less....I lost my mom way back in 1984 and my dad in 2001, a month after 9/11....

Bob & Cindy

Very sorry for your loss, Paul. Dementia is a terrible disease, she truly is in a better place now.

My own mother has been struggling with it for over 10 years and has now deteriated to the point of non-recognition of her own family, it breaks my heart everytime we visit.

Sorry to hear of this news Merky

I know both your parents will always be around to talk to when you need them.

Both my parents have been gone some time but we took my Mother in law in who has dementia----I know of what you say also

Take Care Bud

Terrence

My and Jeanne's condolences to you and your family, Paul. There are never any really good words to say to someone who loses the biggest part of their family but I know you can handle it. You've overcome or have come to terms with some formidable adversaries in your life. You'll get through this one and Mom will be there with you.

This was the first post I read this morning Paul, didn't set the day off well for me as I have travelled this path fairly recently.

My heart felt condolences to you and your family. :(

this means more than you can think of Paul in my mind!

A very sincere thanks to all. I woke up this morning and went outside with my dogs.The sun still below the horizon, and a faint orange glow.Said a little prayer and looked skyward to be greeted by a single star against the deep blue cloudless sky.I feel sad but at peace now. Found this pic of her from our Las Vegas/Grand Canyon trip a couple of years ago. Says it all i think. She would have been 80 next year.

Mom.jpeg

scary but take it for what it's worth and to me that's her star!

good luck my friend in your healing process and may God Rest her Soul... :angel:

Geoff

Edited by GBW