Karma's gift to my family

aplumma

Over the years I have made alot of friends.... A family that I have been lucky enough to know are the Diamonds. We have been friends for 15 years and they have let me repair their plumbing and asked my advise thru life in many areas. I also have sought their advise and wisdom when I have questions. Well time has taken it's toll on Paul and Alison's health and they no longer can handle taking the boat out for cruises so they have decided to offer the boat to me and my family. After a discussion with My family, Joe's family and my Mom and Pop we have decided to accept the boat. The boat will be moved were it is docked 2 hours away to a place that is closer when the weather get good enough to run the 160 miles by water to its new home. Joe and I went yesterday to look at the boat and got a few pictures that I will post.

The boat is a 28Ft Marinette with an 11 Ft beam.

It has twin screws with 318 v8 chrysler motors

cruising speed is 20 knots and top speed is 32 knots

Weight is 7,000 Lbs dry

fuel is gas with a 100 gal tank

the boat sleeps 4 but can cruise 8 comfortable

The hull and sub structure is all aluminum which makes the boat light and durable

Paul and Alison thanks again for this awsome gift and even these words are pale in comparison to what we all mean.

Art,Karen,Joe,Becky,Joy and Ron

Edited by aplumma

100 Gallons @ $3.00 a Gallon = 300.00 USD...... Geez... better take out a second mortgage!!! Just kidding brother! Congrats couldnt have happened to better people.

All the best... and please dont bust champagne on her hull use that cheap 3.2% American beer to Christen her... LOL

Gerritt.

Thats gonna be a Striper killer for sure.The boat is in amazing shape!Paul kept up with it pretty well but I dont think he took her out much.300 bux to fill her up and she gets about 1 mpg at full speed from what I understand.Or is that 1 GPM?Come springtime we will be rigging her properly for Stripers with rod holders and beer.The trolling motor is a challenge.need about a 6 ft shaft foot control with 300 lb thrust,I like the Minnkota stuff wonder do they make one that size?

Joe

Good on you!

Now, you have to move that boat 160 miles and that can be a bit of a challange depending on where it is and where you want it. If you nee some experienced help, let me know. I have a very good friend who has a 36' trawler and has navigated everything from FL to Northern Ontario. I just know he would be happy to help out if I asked him.

By the way..... Good things happen to good people!

Marinette`s are very nice boats, the 28`s were pretty popular here on Lake Erie. The 318 Chysler crusaders are good engines, on a lot of boats. Always liked the more classic boat look of the Marinette over the SeaRays and Wellcrafts.

11 foot beam is great, big difference in the amount of room. My SeaRay on had like a 70 gallon tank, one engine a 351 ford. Twins gives you better control for docking. Ya miles per gallon won`t compare with a car! LOL

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listing/dis...hoto=1&url=

Nice Art!

Edited by OhioFisherman