Berkley vanish 6lb

b_cdot

I bought a spool of this stuff a while ago. Started using and half of my knots break. I tie a palomar and I tie it right. I want to use this line for jigs and drop shotting for great lakes smbs. No confidence in this line or maybe the knot strength. Anyone with similar issues? Anyone ever get a bad spool? Should i throw it out or does anyone have some knots that they have had good success with with this line? Thanks

I bought a spool of this stuff a while ago. Started using and half of my knots break. I tie a palomar and I tie it right. I want to use this line for jigs and drop shotting for great lakes smbs. No confidence in this line or maybe the knot strength. Anyone with similar issues? Anyone ever get a bad spool? Should i throw it out or does anyone have some knots that they have had good success with with this line? Thanks

I used Berkley Vanish, but with an improved clinch knot, wet before you tighten the knot? One of my former fishing partners was also a tournament crappie fisherman, then I started taking him Lake Erie smallie fishing. He used 4 and 6 # test for crappie, I never saw someone lose so many smallies due to the line breaking, and it wasn't Vanish he was using. Them zebra mussel will play heck with your line, I never went lighter than 8# test, and usually 10# test, a little nick is all it takes to lose a fish?

What geoff said, I tried this for leader material and you can't even set a hook. Just snaps

Ive only used it a couple times in the field but when i tie at home and pull it breaks. I try it in the field when i pull and the odd time it doesnt break.

toss it! I had a spool for the same intent and lost more fish than landed and I'll never by "vanish" again cause that's all your lures and fish do is vanish...

Lmao

I've never used that brand of flouro. I use either seaguar and recently been trying sunline both I would say are good.

rule of thumb, never tie a palomar knot with flurocarbon or mono...especially anything light, it burns the line when it cinches.

Only time im using a palomar with mono or fluro is when im using stand up drop shot hooks otherwise stick to something else. Palomar is the best knot bar none for braid though.

Ive literally just started using the uni knot for any standard knot applications...easy as hell to tie even with cold hands and hasnt come unspooled yet. Was tying the improved cinch for years and the number of times it failed on me is upsetting.

Dave that info graphic is hilarious.

Edited by AKRISONER

Anybody ever manage to get their money back on this? You'd figure with so many dissatisfied customers and Berkley being a somewhat reputable company it would be worth taking a stab at a refund or exchange, rather than just checking it out.

I've got Vanish in 10# and 12# and it's been good to me. I don't know if I would buy it again because everybody seems to say it's crap, lol. Double uni to the braid and improved clinch to the bait, never palomar.

Isn't 6# a little light for Great Lakes SMB?