let it snow, let it snow, let it snow! NF

Big Cliff

So I get up early this morning because I have to go to work and I know it's been snowing all night. My neighbor Gary had asked if I would MIND if he plowed my driveway this winter (he just got a new plow for his ATV :whistling: ) (but I wasn't sure if it was beer talk or not) there is Gary out there on his ATV clearing my driveway, all I had left to do is my little path 20' long and sweep off the cars. Guess I better find out what kind of beer Gary Likes :clapping:

Oh I am going to like living here so much, at our other place it use to take me 2 hours or more with a 36" cut snow blower to clean the driveway and paths.

I'm on the other side of the coin. Been out for the last 3 hours doing good deeds. Sure is wet and heavy here. 10 horse 28 inch was bogging on a full cut. The crud left by the plow was a chore and a half. Without my machine, I'd probably still be out there still working on my own. Mild out now but if you don't get after it, it'll be a solid block of ice once the sun goes down.

Think we got more snow in the last 24 hours than we had all last Winter.

I did 4 driveways this morning for the neighbours all of them older than I. The bonus was the Italian lady across the road gave me a bottle of her to die for (from scratch with whole grapes) wine. When I get a chance to sample later it will kill the pain from my aching muscles.

vance

I did 4 driveways this morning for the neighbours all of them older than I. The bonus was the Italian lady across the road gave me a bottle of her to die for (from scratch with whole grapes) wine. When I get a chance to sample later it will kill the pain from my aching muscles.

vance

Do my drive and I'll give you two!

You see big guy, you didn't need a new snow blower anyway. Some things are just meant to be, I really believe in that.

We had a lake effect storm last night coming off the lake from the south, and it was blowing snow from the north too. Tich asked me if I was going to call my snow guy, he charges 25 bucks to do the 4 car drive, blow a 50' path to the door, path to the side door and 50 feet to my shed. I did the math a few years ago and it is far more economical to pay him than to buy a new blower, fuel it and maintain it. These past 2 winters he didn't plow once. The 2 winters before that he was here a total of 10 times and it was 20 bucks then. So a total of $200.00 for the last 4 winters. Do the math, cheap and I don't have to leave the cottage. I pay more to spider spray every year, actually more than double what it costs to pay the guy. He has a mini tractor with a blower on it. It takes him maybe 15 minutes. I didn't call him because I knew it would all be gone today, and it is. I don't know what it is about town folk, Dad used to go out as soon as the flakes flew holding his shovel in the air. When there was enough to snow blow he was in his glory. I tell everyone good high Sorrels beat shovelling snow.

I was always doing favours for folks and they would ask me what kind of beer I drank. I didn't have the heart to tell them a case of beer lasts 3 months here, I might have 1 a week, maybe, more for folks popping in . I would rather have a small gift certificate from CTC or the like, where I can buy anything from a Rappala to gas. Just something to consider Cliff.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

You see big guy, you didn't need a new snow blower anyway. Some things are just meant to be, I really believe in that.

We had a lake effect storm last night coming off the lake from the south, and it was blowing snow from the north too. Tich asked me if I was going to call my snow guy, he charges 25 bucks to do the 4 car drive, blow a 50' path to the door, path to the side door and 50 feet to my shed. I did the math a few years ago and it is far more economical to pay him than to buy a new blower, fuel it and maintain it. These past 2 winters he didn't plow once. The 2 winters before that he was here a total of 10 times and it was 20 bucks then. So a total of $200.00 for the last 4 winters. Do the math, cheap and I don't have to leave the cottage. I pay more to spider spray every year, actually more than double what it costs to pay the guy. He has a mini tractor with a blower on it. It takes him maybe 15 minutes. I didn't call him because I knew it would all be gone today, and it is. I don't know what it is about town folk, Dad used to go out as soon as the flakes flew holding his shovel in the air. When there was enough to snow blow he was in his glory. I tell everyone good high Sorrels beat shovelling snow.

I was always doing favours for folks and they would ask me what kind of beer I drank. I didn't have the heart to tell them a case of beer lasts 3 months here, I might have 1 a week, maybe, more for folks popping in . I would rather have a small gift certificate from CTC or the like, where I can buy anything from a Rappala to gas. Just something to consider Cliff.

Good idea OIM!

When I had nieghbours, I was the only one that enjoyed the chore. And I was the only one with a snow blower. LOL

I did the usual 6 walk ways and drives. All good people. They would just look out thier windows and wave. I would hold up my cold can of brew and on my way. Always had one or two in my pockets.LOL

Would at times find a bottle, or a gift card at my door. Even once got a pair of leaf tickets. ( I thought maybe I wasnt doing a good job then ) LOL

Never did ask for anything, just did it cuz I liked playing in the snow..

It,s all about KARMA Big Guy.

I wish my snowblower started... I just finished a 4 car driveway with the shovel. And the pile at the base of my driveway get's rather large as the plow leaves one St and dumps it in front of my home, backs up and does it again... 85% of my efforts was the base of the drive as I cleared all that had fallen away before bed last night... Someone beer me...

I just finished a 4 car driveway with the shovel.

Snow shovelling is a job I've always enjoyed and unless we get at least 6" I don't even bother with the snow blower.

I've got 250' of driveway plus I clear a 50' x 10' path at the back of the house, 75' x 10' up the side of the garage plus I clear off a 50' x 12' deck and enjoy nothing more than spending 1/2 the day digging out.

Last night we got about 8" of the heavy stuff though so this time I cheated and fired up the TORO LOL

I like being outside Lew but not when it's the heavy stuff. To make matters worse, one person walking down the sidewalk said "looks heavy eh?" and there was a 2nd smaller shovel there. And a car passing by on the other side of the road almost came to a full stop just to watch me, when I looked eye to eye they then drove off.

When I did live in the city I was the only one on the street that had a snow blower 25 years back and did most of the neighbourhood after or before night shift. That was when we got snow. One little man idiot gave me crap for blowing the snow from his side walk onto his lawn because it wasn't good for the grass. So I would bury his car parked on the street illegally. I mean buried, only saw the tip of the car antenna. He called the cops more than once and they gave him a 100 buck ticket each time for illegal parking on a snow route. Idiot.

I wish my snowblower started... I just finished a 4 car driveway with the shovel. And the pile at the base of my driveway get's rather large as the plow leaves one St and dumps it in front of my home, backs up and does it again... 85% of my efforts was the base of the drive as I cleared all that had fallen away before bed last night... Someone beer me...

Shoot me a text, I'll gladly have a look at it for you! I'm around all this weekend and I could drop by.

If ya dont have a snowblower use a scoop for that heavy snow, its waaaaaay easier and faster anyhow.

The scoop us a hot item around here lol. Ive had about 5 or 6 dissappear. Which reminds my I need to replace the door on my shed lol

I miss having a gator. I could plow a whole blow in about 30 minutes. Plus its heated so ya didnt get cold. I did alot of plowing in that thing to be nice, but mainly it was just enjoyable. Id have people offerig up 20 bucks for gas, which I would accept when I needed gas, but on a full tank I could plow for a week to two weeks before that was an issue

Edited by manitoubass2

I

The scoop us a hot item around here lol. Ive had about 5 or 6 dissappear. Which reminds my I need to replace the door on my shed lol

If you've had so many stolen maybe you should be replacing your neighbors too

If you've had so many stolen maybe you should be replacing your neighbors too

Im in a new neighborhood now Lew. Once the local drug dealer from across the street got busted, its a very quiet and peaceful place.

In the first year of living here Ive had nothing stolen other than our cat, which I got back with the help of local police.

There is one crazy lady on the block but she mainly keeps to herself. Shes older and seems to call the police alot. They are over there at least twice a week. Not sure why but thats her business.